Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
MmmmmmmmmmmPIE.jpg

Dutch apple pie. Now to let it cool so I can put some home-made ice cream on it!

oh baby! how many hours is it to Iowa from Reading, Pa?

Man it is that time of year. Apple Pie so good.

The wife and I just went out to the local orchard today and picked several varieties.

oh baby! how many hours is it to Iowa from Reading, Pa?
I'll drive Rick!!
We will have to pick up some Turkey Hill Vanilla Bean ice cream on the way!!:drool:

We better make that stop closer to Iowa or we'll be having milk with our pie :lol:

Haven't made home-made ice cream since I was a kid at my grandparents. Good times!

Haven't made home-made ice cream since I was a kid at my grandparents. Good times!

That's all I have at home. I make a huge batch every 3 or 4 weeks.

Home-made ice is soo much better. And darn easy to make as well.

Yeah, especially when you have 5 grand kids taking turns cranking!. No wonder my grand parents only made it when we were visiting :lol:

Yeah, especially when you have 5 grand kids taking turns cranking!. No wonder my grand parents only made it when we were visiting :lol:

We always had the family git-togethers and Gramma & Grampa's for two reasons. Gramma had the china hutch stuffed with enough flatware and utensels for everyone, and Grampa had the ice cream machine.

Us kids had a choice.... take a turn at the crank, or pick strawberries in the patch. Failure to do either one would result in no ice cream. And Gramma was firm about that. Me.... I went and picked strawberries so I could be near the machine when it started to get hard to crank. Honestly, I wished it was my turn when it got to that point.

Today, I just use my White Mountain 6-qt electric. But it's still home-made. What I wish I could find is the recipe for marshmallow creme that won't turn hard as a rock when frozen.

Yum.. Looks delightful!! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back