Just Say Croak

Rathbone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rathbone.eprofile.us
I did not set this up, but seemed to me to be a frog making a anti drug ad.

justsaycroak.jpg

Actually these are some insulin needles that my father, a diabetic, had before he passed away that were put in a box for storage (he belonged to that generation that never threw anything away) and the box had gotten damp and fell apart, explaining the pile of needles which I found when I was following this frog with my camera in almost pitch dark.

Doesn't the frog look kind of ashamed? lol

I am trying to decide what this image is saying to me. A frog (a big one) on syringes (tons of them). There is no underlying them to this aside from the pure comical as far as I can see. Did you intend there to be something on the metaphorical here? I know you were just chasing the frog, but when you took the pic did you think "OMG, its insert your thought here"?

DVJLabonte said:
I am trying to decide what this image is saying to me. A frog (a big one) on syringes (tons of them). There is no underlying them to this aside from the pure comical as far as I can see. Did you intend there to be something on the metaphorical here? I know you were just chasing the frog, but when you took the pic did you think "OMG, its insert your thought here"?

Comical, yes...but when I saw a frog who looked somewhat guilty sitting in a pile of syringes I thought immediately of the popular image of a drug addict caught in the act of satisfying his addiction, and as it is obviously not a glamorous image it seemed to be a frog version of the anti drug ads that pervade our popular media. I, myself, am not making a political statement, but I saw a connection. But then again it was a quick decision, I didn't pose the frog so I can't really say I intended for it to be anything. I capitalized on what seemed to me an odd visual and if that's all it is so be it.

If all you can see is the comical, enjoy it on that level.

I see it now. Sorry if my comment ruffled your feathers by anymeans. I was simply stating that I didn't see much else, and that didn't imply that it was a bad pic. However, I do see what you mean by the 'guilty' look, if a frog can have that expression this one sure does.

By and large, a very unique image!

No, lol, if there's anything deeper here it's a coincidence, all I did was opportunize on what struck me spur of the moment as something weird...and well, I like weird. I'm not one of these people that thinks a photo has to be "pretty" to be valid.

I'm thinking of adding some text to the image to spoof the antidrug ads. For some reason the toad licking urban legend comes to mind...."Because I couldn't lick my own back, I turned to smack"

Most reactions

Back