Just some random pics for c&c

Iulus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just as the title says these are just totally random no theme involved i was just trying out my camera. im not sure what settings i have except i for i was shooting in manual mode and had iso set to 500. and i didnt do any pp except for converting them to .jpg format in photoshop (thought i was set to .jpg when shooting but i guess i was in .nef *reads manual again.) photoshop is gonna be my next mountain to climb. be honest please and tell me what i am doing wrong and such.

3385326021_08f5c49d39_b.jpg

3386129918_4ee0b3c662_b.jpg

3385322781_db0e88ed6b_b.jpg

3385308161_4b6e362dd8_b.jpg

thank you,
Iulus

What camera are you using?

The 4th image is the best of the bunch but has some hot spots from shooting in bright daylight.

The other 3 are either too centered. The first image is slightly underexposed. The colors seem kinda muted or desaturated...the greens seem very dead. Focus and sharpness look good.

These all look more like test shots then anything else.

Nikon D200
55-200mm VR lens (kit)

Thanks for the input. Yes these are just test shots i took today from actually pulling the camera out of the box after spending a couple of days reading the manual. I knew there was something wrong with the first one. As far as the color goes maybe i could fix that in photoshop to brighten them up. But i am a total noob to digital photography as well as photoshop. Photoshop is just to scary for me. but i am sure i can figure it out. just takes time and pratice.

thanks for being honest,

iulus

Photoshop is just to scary for me. but i am sure i can figure it out. just takes time and pratice.

It is a bit overwhelming because it does so much, but when you learn the basic tools to correct/edit your photos, it actually is very easy to get around. There are ample videos on youtube that show how to use each individual tool and to to achieve certain processes. Plus, you can post photos here, ask how to get certain elements of your photos changed, and there are plenty of people who can give you a walkthrough. I find photoshop to be one of the most satisfying parts of the process.

Digital Photography Tips For Beginners

Digital Photography Composition Tips

Post Production

Photoshop isn't that easy to learn without some help. There are lots of good books to read and lots of web sites with helpful tips and tricks. And there are lots of YouTube videos that can show you how to do certain things in Photoshop.

Becoming a good photographer takes time...there is a lot to learn and you have to get a lot of shots under your belt before you start to develop 'your eye'. Just keep at it and you'll improve.

Same with Photoshop, it take time to get good at it. There are just so many tools and so many ways to use them. Photo editing takes time and patience but you'll eventually develop your own workflow and get good at it.

What camera are you using?

The 4th image is the best of the bunch but has some hot spots from shooting in bright daylight.

The other 3 are either too centered. The first image is slightly underexposed. The colors seem kinda muted or desaturated...the greens seem very dead. Focus and sharpness look good.

These all look more like test shots then anything else.

I agree with the CC above.

Most reactions

Back