just....waiting and waiting

I think the artist needs counseling.

Your photography has taken a dark turn, and I am concerned for your well-being.
I wasn't sure if you really mean that or you're just being funny, and I think others weren't sure also because you got a "like" and a "funny"

lol, you're probably right!

it'll pass....

no, it won't

Oh no! It won't!

don't worry, I'll be fine :)
here I was trying to be funny but I obviously failed

Please take care of yourself.
here's where I'm thinking "Oh God he's serious!"

Please take care of yourself.
ok, hm... are you serious with all of this?
and I said that...

Of course!

Ok... here's a long respond to you..

Just because we have known each other for some time here on TPF and because I really didn't have any issues with you, quite the opposite, because I consider you as one of good people here who I liked to see in my threads, I'll say this to you ...

If I was worried about you in any way I would pm.ed you.

If you were friendly towards me and genuinely worried about my well being and thought that I need some counseling you would pm.ed me first and asked me something like "How are you? I've noticed that your photography has been changing lately so I really wonder if you're feeling ok because you're expressing some dark/not really cheerful feelings... blah blah nicely blah blah" - something perfectly ok and kind. I'd respond to you nicely, explaining what's going on and assure you that I'm really ok. I would probably share some personal things with you because I liked you.

Posting that you're worried about my well being and that I need counseling on a public forum and as the only comment on the picture I posted, and further saying "take care of yourself" in such a way isn't something I can take as friendly.

Anyway, what did you expect to hear from me after this?

As a matter of a fact, in a few days I plan to post a portrait of me expressing some non "happy happy joy joy" energy. Does that mean that I need more counseling? Or does that mean that I'm currently exploring different themes and trying to express sadness, sorrow, nostalgia, even something dark, like in this picture? I was always interested in these themes but I wasn't able to achieve them.
I am now and I'm really glad that I'm capable to produce "happy happy joy joy" portraits and "dark" portrait. I think I'm a better photographer because of that. And if you look on my flickr you'll see that I shoot different types of photography. Why this one "concerned about my well being" one would be different?

Here's one portrait I took in May and think I didn't post on TPF

Does that mean I was extremely happy when I took this portrait? I wasn't.
That only means that I wanted to feature her best attribute, her smile and take a nice photograph for her to like herself and to see how beautiful she is because she has low self esteem and she's overweight and bothered by it. My own feelings have nothing to do with this picture. The choices I made as a photographer have everything to do with this picture.

I probably didn't say everything I wanted to say but I said enough.

I don't understand the choice you make posting this here.

Last edited:
First of all, I love that tree!!!
I would also like to see her face better. But this does have a very nice "Dark" feel, and I do like that! :)
yeah, the tree is great and there are more trees like that one in that place :)

I understand about the face

TY :)

if people are just looking here and not at your Flickr page, they are missing out!
you should post the ones with the girl "sleeping", they were wonderful.
here, ill help you out with a sleeping pic of mine.

11973480_10206564356060219_1281668821_o.jpg

if people are just looking here and not at your Flickr page, they are missing out!
I have two girl sleeping images and I posted both here :)
Girl on bridge II | Photography Forum
Post a picture of yourself | Page 313 | Photography Forum
you missed them :)

View attachment 107491

Thank you Jason! I appreciate it :icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug:

I have two girl sleeping images and I posted both here :)
Girl on bridge II | Photography Forum
Post a picture of yourself | Page 313 | Photography Forum
you missed them :)

View attachment 107491

Thank you Jason! I appreciate it :icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug:

i did indeed miss them...
oops, my bad.

yeah, the tree is great and there are more trees like that one in that place :)

Sounds like you need to get another model (or the same girl, she is very pretty.) and do some more shoots there! :)

I like this one. I like the colors and the mood it sets. You have already heard enough about the face thing but I'm kind of seeing it like it's a dark moody atmosphere she's in and she's hiding her face from her surroundings.

I do wish this girl would do something already instead of waiting. She's just sitting there in this one and the other she's going to stop in the water. Aggghhh! I'm just kidding. I like them both.

Edit: I can also see this coming off as she's scared and alone and trying to hide her face and blend with the environment.

I like where you're going with these Marija

Last edited:
Here's one portrait I took in May and think I didn't post on TPF

... I wanted to feature her best attribute, her smile and take a nice photograph for her to like herself and to see how beautiful she is because she has low self esteem and she's overweight and bothered by it.

I love this picture. This is remarkable ... she certainly doesn't look overweight at all. Would you mind sharing a little bit about how you did this so we can I steal your technique without having to go through the learning process myself? (I'm mostly kidding)

Seriously ... how'd you do this?

:) :) :)

Most reactions

Back