Just wanted to share some photos....

zigsmommy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are some photos I took of my son about a month ago. I am just a beginner, but would like some input on these photos, good or bad.

Thanks,
Renee

20758393-333e-00530080-.jpg

20758507-2d59-00800057-.jpg

welcome...those are great snap shots. In order to help, I'd need to know what you're going after. If I were an art teacher I'd say they are framed a little close and the lighting is a little flat. But don't get discouraged b/c that's just the techie stuff. You have an eye for capturing that emotion and that's wonderful.

Thanks, I shot these with my Canon Rebel G, I was playing around with the aperature and shutter speeds. It is just with available light, it was kind of overcast outside. I should really be writing the exposures down so I know how I exactly shot the picture, right?

I got some wallets and 8x10's made of this photo. I haven't decided if I was going to put the enlargements in a frame on a wall or just put them in my photo portfolio.

I am an avid scrapbooker, but lately have wanted to get in the real field of photography. Any tips or suggestions?

...nicely exposed, you have managed to retain detail from the shadow areas (under hat) through to the highlights

Overcast days (diffused light) are good for portrait photography for that reason

The "flat" lighting affect metroshane refers to could be a result of the scan - which a small tweak in Photoshop or some other imaging software such as IRFANVIEW FREEWARE will correct

Alternatively, when using colour film/transparency, a small amount of fill flash(*) will correct that issue; it also adds catches (or highlights) to the subject's eyes which can enhance a portrait

Photography is about recording light - and catching moments ... you certainly caught some nice ones here

:)

e_

(*) EDIT: if shooting with B&W film, that "flatness" can be corrected in the printing process using additional magenta filtration (on variable contrast paper) or a higher numbered filter (on graded paper)

EVERYONE IS RIGHT... GOD BLESSED SOME PEOPLE WITH AN EYE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY AND SOME PEOPLE HE DIDN'T. YOU REALLY HAVE IT. JUST LISTEN TO WHAT THE BIG GUYS SAY AND WORK ON THE FLATNESS (THE EASY PART).
I'M ALSO JUST BIASED ON LITTLE BOYS! HE'S A DOLL!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back