Justin Lavash in my home town Melnik

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

few photos from yesterdays event .. all photos are ISO 6400 on DX because the light conditions and I've been shooting with my new Tokina 24-70mm f/2.8

pls click on photos to see them in floating pop-up window .. not sure if my browser but here seems to be a bug that makes a "portrait" oriented photo not fit to browser dimensions .. landscape photos are fine

full

70mm, f/4, 1/500s, ISO 400

full

70mm, f/2.8, 1/200s, ISO 6400

full

70mm, f/2.8, 1/200s, ISO 6400

full

32mm, f/2.8, 1/200s, ISO 6400

full

52mm, f/2.8, 1/80s, ISO 6400

full

70mm, f/2.8, 1/100s, ISO 6400, Manual Focus

full

24mm, f/2.8, 1/50s, ISO 5000

thanks for your feedback !!!

regards, dan

Last edited:
Decent set (could be a little sharper) of a guy I've never heard of before but I did listen to some of his stuff on you tube and he's an interesting musician. Can't say I'm crazy about that style of music but it's alright, I could listen to it for a night in a club, he's entertaining. What he does he does well.

Decent set (could be a little sharper) of a guy I've never heard of before but I did listen to some of his stuff on you tube and he's an interesting musician. Can't say I'm crazy about that style of music but it's alright, I could listen to it for a night in a club, he's entertaining. What he does he does well.
thanks Kirk ... I am getting used on the lens .. perhaps they need some AF tuning or basically the issue with sharpness (although it seems good to me) was caused by f/2.8 and really bad light conditions (I had ISO 6400 + f/2.8 so you can imagine what the conditions were like) .. thanks for this note, I will try to improve the sharpness .. this lens is without VR and also my technique could be improved

if you zoom on the tower on first image (that is where the focus point was) it seems to me enough sharp .. first image was under reasonable light conditions and with f/4

thanks Kirk ... I am getting used on the lens .. perhaps they need some AF tuning or basically the issue with sharpness (although it seems good to me) was caused by f/2.8 and really bad light conditions (I had ISO 6400 + f/2.8 so you can imagine what the conditions were like) .. thanks for this note, I will try to improve the sharpness .. this lens is without VR and also my technique could be improved
I kind of figured the shallow dof of a 2.8 was the cause but yeah, what can you do other than go with a smaller aper and deal with more noise. Not your fault, you did what you could with what you had and to be clear, it was only pics 5 and 6 that appeared to be a little soft on the focus, the rest are fine. Thanks for posting, it was interesting and I learned of a 'new to me' musician across the pond. :wink-6:

Reactions: ntz
Nice set of pix. Lavash has an interesting Euro-pop sound that I like. I miss the pubs in Europe, because most of them have character to them. Bars here in mosts cases are just bars, without much character.

Reactions: ntz
Nice set of pix. Lavash has an interesting Euro-pop sound that I like. I miss the pubs in Europe, because most of them have character to them. Bars here in mosts cases are just bars, without much character.
Lavash and Euro-pop sound o_O ???, that's bit extreme :D

Most reactions

Back