Juvenile Bald Eagle Fly By

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It is tough posting these after Aloicious's Eagles. So I stalked out a deer carcass laying in the CT river for hours today. All of a sudden 5 Juvenile Bald Eagles start hovering overhead. 2 of them start to get insanely close. I think I'm about to have an Eagle-gasm.. AND THEN some lady appears out of no where with 3 freaking dogs. Poof goes the Eagles. :( Anyways I caught a fly by..

1- I put this one on 500PX if you have an account log in and give me a fave or a like here 500px / Photo "Wild Juvenile Bald Eagle" by Kristofer Rowe if you want to..

Juvenile Bald Eagle up close by krisinct, on Flickr

2 -

Juvenile Bald Eagle Through the trees by krisinct, on Flickr

3 -

Juvenile Bald Eagle in flight by krisinct, on Flickr

Wowie Kazowie, those are outstanding!

<begins wondering how she could manage to drag a deer carcass out to her Eagle spot...>

I hope you shot the lady and her dog...

...uh, with the camera, I mean. Of course. ;)

#1 is eyeing you...nice! I had someone visit my spot with a dog too. scared all the birds off, had to wait like an hour after they left for the birds to return. Who brings their dog to go bird watching?? :thumbdown:....oh well. at least you got some good shots

Another solid set!

Oh Sharon, I wanted to shoot the woman believe me. I think I was there for 3 hours and the only time the eagles were there was when the woman showed up.. Maybe the eagles wanted a piece of her Yorkie!

<begins wondering how she could manage to drag a deer carcass out to her Eagle spot...>

Sharon, I think I have found out how Kris captures some of his images.:lol:

Kris, I like number 1. He/she is looking right at you.:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing shots, to bad you got interrupted, better luck next time! :)

Sharon, I think I have found out how Kris captures some of his images.:lol:

Kris, I like number 1. He/she is looking right at you.:thumbup:

:biglaugh:

THAT was hilarious!! If we actually TRIED that, just to GET a hawk to swoop down and snatch it up, it would never happen in a thousand tries!

When my kids were little (about 5 and 3 probably), we found a mouse in my kitchen. It scurried under the dishwasher, and my oldest son decided we should catch it and let it go outside (I was really more in favor of eliminating it from existence, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him so...). Figuring we'd never actually catch the thing anyway, I said, "Okay, what do you suggest we catch it with?" So he went and got one of his big Lego buckets and emptied it. I told him I'd move the dishwasher, and *all* he had to do was drop the bucket down on the mouse. Simple as that. :lol:

So, I move the dishwasher, expecting the mouse to be long gone anyway. Suddenly there's a flash of movement, my son SLAMS the bucket down on the ground, and then we just look at it. Because we have NO idea if he actually caught it or not. But then I see the tiniest little bit of its tail, sticking out from that Lego bucket. And I thought, "Well, I'll d*mned."

We slid a piece of cardboard under the bucket so we could pick it up, and took it out to the edge of the woods. I was actually kinda scared to pick the bucket up, just sure the thing would probably turn and run up my leg. :D
But my youngest son had no such fear, so he grabbed the bucket and lifted it off the cardboard.

The mouse didn't move.
It didn't so much as twitch.
I thought, "Huh. We killed it."
There was absolutely no movement whatsoever from that mouse for at least two minutes. Finally, it did twitch its nose just a little bit, so we knew it was alive. After another minute or two, it finally edged toward the end of the cardboard then took off for the woods.
And that is how my sons came to know the meaning of the term "scared stiff." :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back