K1000/50mm 1.7

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
012.jpg 025.jpg 031.jpg 032.jpg

Great set!!

1. Horizontal mill engine; looks like about a 10x12, probably 1910 or earlier.

2. Farmall F12; mid 1930s

3, 4: I can't swear to it, but that looks like a Baker Unaflow. Was the boiler & trim black, or dark blue?

Great set!!

3, 4: I can't swear to it, but that looks like a Baker Unaflow. Was the boiler & trim black, or dark blue?
WHO ARE YOU ? An agricultural enginer ?

Great set!!

Black

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Great set!!

Excellent knowledge. I have no idea about them. All I know is that I like them. I can't wait to go to the big one (Threshers) in Ohio this year, I think July. I have a better idea how to take pictures now.

I think I like them because I vaguely remember the type of equipment as a little boy. My grandpa was the very last commercial farmer in the city of Detroit. He sold his remaining farm to a car dealers on Mack avenue on the east side. Apparently, that was all I wanted to do as a little boy, hang out with Grandpa and his big equipment. I really have very little recollection.

Last edited:
Great set!!

WHO ARE YOU ? An agricultural enginer ?
Just a kid who never grew up and still plays in the dirt with tractrosr! :D

Was the boiler & trim black, or dark blue?
Black
Hmmm... probably not a Baker then, 'though it sure looks like one from this side. Pro tip: When photographing traction engines, ALWAYS shoot the cylinder side! ;)

Great set!!

Excellent knowledge. I have no idea about them. All I know is that I like them. I can't wait to go to the big one (Threshers) in Ohio this year, I think July. I have a better idea how to take pictures now.

I think I like them because I vaguely remember the type of equipment as a little boy. My grandpa was the very last commercial farmer in the city of Detroit. He sold his remaining farm to a car dealers on Mack avenue on the east side. Apparently, that was all I wanted to do as a little boy, hang out with Grandpa and his big equipment. I really have very little recollection.

Cool - playing with big toys is fun. You should get back into it.

Was the boiler & trim black, or dark blue?
Black
Hmmm... probably not a Baker then, 'though it sure looks like one from this side. Pro tip: When photographing traction engines, ALWAYS shoot the cylinder side! ;)

Great set!!

Cool - playing with big toys is fun. You should get back into it.
I will double check when I get home tonight. I also took pictures with my D 3300. Not sure if I capture that one with it or not. Okay, cylinder side, check. Any other tips?

I will double check when I get home tonight. I also took pictures with my D 3300. Not sure if I capture that one with it or not. Okay, cylinder side, check. Any other tips?

Yeah! Take me with you!

Interesting stuff. As I remember it, the K1000 is about as sturdy as that engine.

Yeah! Take me with you!
How far are you from Ohio?

Interesting stuff. As I remember it, the K1000 is about as sturdy as that engine.

It is built like a tank but not quite as beefy as my newly acquired F. I don't know if I like the position of the shutter button on the F yet, it feels a good but noticeably different in my hands vs the Pentax. I have massive hands (10" from palm to middle finger tip), the perfect shutter button placement is a challenge for me on any camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back