K10d won't do wireless!!

GeneralBenson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fullertonimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so I have a K10d, and I just got an AF360FGZ today. So I'm trying to get it to do the wireless slave. No dice. I did what the manual says, won't happen. I went to the pentax website, and watched the video tutorial. Did what that says, nothing. I read some thing online about how to do it, nope. All of these three things, btw, say something different. The manual just says that you turn the flash onto wireless, pick a channel, put it on the camera, turn on the camera and press the shutter halfway to program the channel into the camera, then take it back off and shoot. The online tutorial says that you also have to go into the flash menu and select wireless flash. Here's the thing... when I go into the flash menu, wireless flash isn't even an option. The online thing I read says that you have to go into the custom menu and enable wireless flash, but I go in there, and there's no such option. I'm lost. It's like my camera doesn't even have it, but it's a K10d and they're supposed to. Is it possible that I have a really early K10d and it somehow doesn't have that software? Did they make a change somewhere in the k10d line and I need a software update or something? I'm totally confused. But I need this to work for this weekend for the event that I bought it for.

Ah hah. Found some firmware updates. Apparently my K10 has the earliest firmware possible. It works now, and of camera, wireless flash is awesome!

OK, I'll need to update mine as well then.

What set of instructions for wireless ultimately turned out to work for you?

Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back