D850 (3rd Shot)
f/3.5
ISO 64
1/60 Sec.
70 - 200 mm - f/2.8E FL ED VR
130 mm

Off Camera Light Center

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4)

Went back to the portrait workshop, it was less crowded (thank God)...it was a better experience but still a free-for-all. But this time I asserted my self... lol

20180403-untitled-57-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

20180403-untitled-53-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

20180403-untitled-62-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

Nice shots, good work but with reservations.
Untidy hair on top is a bit of a distraction, a light spray of water and a brush/comb might have sorted this out.
What was the lighting provided? The dotty catchlights in her eyes are weird (to me) and quite a distraction from the otherwise good shots of a pretty model.

I appreciate the fact that in a workshop situation you don't have total control either of those distractions but keep these in mind for when you DO have control. :)

I agree, the catchlights look odd in this. Otherwise, I find these shots to be nice portraits.

I like her expression in shot three the most.

Agree with all the comments above, and also prefer number 3.

Just a heads up, I know you like to incorporate processing in the Nik Collection, suggest you check out the newest update to LR. The inclusion of "Profiles" in the basic panel pretty much gives you everything and more that you find in the Nik collection. https://petapixel.com/2018/04/03/ad...ate-for-profiles-in-lightroom-and-camera-raw/

I played around with it last night some, and initial observation is that I doubt I will use Nik again.

Nice shots, good work but with reservations.
Untidy hair on top is a bit of a distraction, a light spray of water and a brush/comb might have sorted this out.
What was the lighting provided? The dotty catchlights in her eyes are weird (to me) and quite a distraction from the otherwise good shots of a pretty model.

I appreciate the fact that in a workshop situation you don't have total control either of those distractions but keep these in mind for when you DO have control. :)

I agree, the catchlights look odd in this. Otherwise, I find these shots to be nice portraits.

I like her expression in shot three the most.

Agree with all the comments above, and also prefer number 3.

Just a heads up, I know you like to incorporate processing in the Nik Collection, suggest you check out the newest update to LR. The inclusion of "Profiles" in the basic panel pretty much gives you everything and more that you find in the Nik collection. https://petapixel.com/2018/04/03/ad...ate-for-profiles-in-lightroom-and-camera-raw/

I played around with it last night some, and initial observation is that I doubt I will use Nik again.

I agree the "catch light" is funky to say the least... It was a "home-made" light (and to be honest it was pretty keen, well made but I guess a "no-go" for people), it was basically a doughnut/toilet seat albeit large with white lights all around similar to a makeup table with the mirror & light-bulbs & the photographer shot through it (in the center)...

it was basically a doughnut/toilet seat albeit large with white lights all around similar to a makeup table with the mirror & light-bulbs & the photographer shot through it

Toilet seat light! Awesome! I love creative lighting contraptions! You had to shoot through a toilet seat, so you immediately command my respect as a photographer that will do anything to get the shot, ha!

Nothing bothers or distracts me about the images... I see a lovely young woman with a very natural expression and good color (I prefer the color images) - interesting and unusual catchlight made me curious.

Good job!

it was basically a doughnut/toilet seat albeit large with white lights all around similar to a makeup table with the mirror & light-bulbs & the photographer shot through it

Toilet seat light! Awesome! I love creative lighting contraptions! You had to shoot through a toilet seat, so you immediately command my respect as a photographer that will do anything to get the shot, ha!

Nothing bothers or distracts me about the images... I see a lovely young woman with a very natural expression and good color (I prefer the color images) - interesting and unusual catchlight made me curious.

Good job!

Thanks but you misunderstood, it was not a real toilet seat but it sorta resembled one!

Thanks but you misunderstood, it was not a real toilet seat but it sorta resembled one!

Two demerits, lol!

I agree the "catch light" is funky to say the least... It was a "home-made" light (and to be honest it was pretty keen, well made but I guess a "no-go" for people), it was basically a doughnut/toilet seat albeit large with white lights all around similar to a makeup table with the mirror & light-bulbs & the photographer shot through it (in the center)...

I can see that some people might like the lighting which is why I qualified my statement with (for me) :) . I'm all in favour of creativity, this one just doesn't float old stick in the mud's boat... but I don't like the catch lights created by ring flashes, either so... ;)

Keep up the good work! :cheerful:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back