KatzEye Split Screen for 7D

icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I didn't think she'd be able to do it, but Rachel Katz has started marketing a split screen for the Canon 7D. I'm seriously considering buying this one ...

Canon 7D Focusing Screen - KatzEye Optics

Ian
What does this actually do, and how doe it work?

In the days of 35mm film/manual focus cameras had a split-screen to make focusing easier. You would turn your focus ring until the two split sides of the image lined up and then you had accurate focus. Modern dSLRs can be very difficult to focus manually accurately because they don't have the split-screen. I frequently use manual focus when I do macro work and wish I had this aid (although another option is to use live-view and magnify the image, I find it cumbersome when chasing live subjects). Another place it is useful is when you put an old manual focus lens on a new camera and you don't have the choice.

A place you'd find this useful, in your tiny dark viewfinders where you can never tell if something is in focus. I've had one of these in my D200 since about a month I bought the camera. Highly recommended.

Used to use it in film days. But with 35mm and digital thank G-D for AF :)

Thanks guys for the responses. Now I understand, I used to like the way to focus in the past.

It would sure help me these days, "I am blind in one eye and cannot see out of the other" ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back