Jankster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Testing out my new 50 1.4

Thought this came out pretty cool. Thanks for looking

4333635090_72012b018e_b.jpg

Good concept, but I think it would be even stronger if all the letters were in focus. :thumbup:

Good concept, but I think it would be even stronger if all the letters were in focus. :thumbup:

But you know the rule, that the first photos posted using a new fast prime lens must always be taken wide open, no exceptions.

:lol:

On a slightly more serious note, I like the shot but tend to agree that a slightly larger DOF would have been appropriate.

I love this...I think the DOF is perfect...demonstrates the working of faith, and it's value. When you take a "leap of faith" you pour out your heart into something just enough to believe. The DOF here demonstrates the "Just enough"

I like the shot a lot even with the shallow DOF. Only suggestion is possibly reversing the letters so FAITH leads back to the chair while keeping the F in focus. Just a thought to try.

Thank you for the comments everyone i appreciate it. i really like the shallow dof for this shot. i wasnt really feeling the pics i took where the letters were all in focus...and i did take a shot with the letters going the other way but it looked strange since we like to read left to right..

I like it man!

I think it would be boring if all the letters were in focus. I mean, who can't take a picture with everything in focus. It's the creative focus points and interesting DOF that makes it. Keep it up!

:eek:)

Did you try it with the F in front reading left to right (since you are correct that is how we read)?

I like it man!

I think it would be boring if all the letters were in focus. I mean, who can't take a picture with everything in focus. It's the creative focus points and interesting DOF that makes it. Keep it up!

:eek:)

thanks brotha! i thought it would be boring too haha

Did you try it with the F in front reading left to right (since you are correct that is how we read)?

actually no it was the other way around...its ok tho. im pretty satisfied with the shot i was really just messing around with my new lens and happened to like the result :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back