What's new

Keeper of the Dew

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
448
Reaction score
4
Location
Tacoma, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A wee bit bored this afternoon so I thought I would play around with some gels and my flash.

1/60, F/8.0, ISO 1000 (why do I always forget to check this beforeshooting?), flash at 1/4 power
4607741648_931a58518e_b.jpg


The original idea was to capture this guy hiding amongst all of my food until I opened up the fridge and realized I need to go grocery shopping.

4607129953_9fee12565a_b.jpg
 
Ha
You have provided me with a good chuckle.



You should get some food in your liquid fridge.:mrgreen:;)
 
Ha
You have provided me with a good chuckle.



You should get some food in your liquid fridge.:mrgreen:;)

I have pickles, eggs, and pico de gallo. What more does a man need lol.

Thanks for the comments guys. This was a bit different than what I'm used to and I'll spend some more time practicing this. It was kind of fun to do on a lazy afternoon.
 
interesting pictures
 
Thanks again everyone. Any ideas on how you might have done it differently?
 
it could be a little LESS red.
 
it could be a little LESS red.

Is there a good way to get less red with gels? I tried desaturating the reds in Lightroom and since the entire image is red it resulted in an almost BW image lol.
 
Pump more light through the gel and it should be less-saturated. I liked the top photo.
 
I like the first one, and it fits the title of the thread. I did notice the left side is just a smidge higher than the right side.
 
Pump more light through the gel and it should be less-saturated. I liked the top photo.

So instead of 1/4 power bump it up to 1/2 power or more?

And I tried tilting the top one because I noticed the same thing (it's driving me crazy) but when I did that then the shelves weren't straight lol. Next time I do something like this I'll be more careful. I think it's because the sodas on the left are closer to the camera than those on the right.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom