Ken Rockwell's *new* 5D Mk II review

I'm at home sick. It's a sad day for me. But man you made it so much better.

Btw you owe me a new keyboard this one now has coffee all over it.

**** man now i'm crying too. :lmao:

Sorry to hear you're sick... never fun, but a good laugh does the body good, just not the keyboard.:lol:

Thanks, Garbz.

[...] But this is all just semantics because quite frankly if you buy a 5DMkII and shoot at medium you deserve to have a dog bite your testicles off. Shoot RAW (unless you have a good reason not to) and then resize the image in post processing. [...]

There are many pros who shoot JPEG, unless they have a good reason to shoot RAW. As always, it depends.

Help support Ken Rockwell populate the world with photographic geniuses! Buy products through the supplied links to help his family grow, and the worlds IQ raise!

i think his info is geared towards the average joe, who wants something a little better than a p&s. IF you read carefully, and use other sources, he can be a good starting point.

Yep. Only problem is the average joe doesn't have a BS meter. So if the average joe doesn't use another source they'll get to put up with the misinformation he spurts out.

Moot point really though, most of the people are on this forum to better ourselves, so we're already one step ahead and when we look for answers we're likely to get mixed and more balanced views.

So go and create your own website if he's doing it so wrong.

Seems he's doing something right if he can support a family from his website.

Never said he wasn't doing right by himself and his family. Fox news does right by all of it's employees too save nothing for producing internationally acclaimed horridly biased news too.

There's a lot of out right crap on the internet which generates page views.

I don't think I take him seriously after his latest post on the stock market......

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm

[SIZE=+2]09 June 2010, Wednesday[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The Stock Market[/SIZE]

He is entitled to his opinions, but he is trying to explain things he have not a clear idea on...... I lost confidence on his articles and reviews on cameras.

Last edited:
Oh Dear Ken. Try and stick to what you know!

Gambling for the middle classes, someone has a bee in their bonnet don't they!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back