What a beautiful and tranquil natural scene! Is this a river, lake, or an estuary? I like the cloudy blue sky and the lazy palm trees. The foreground appears a bit too dark, but then a bright busy foreground would detract from the greater vista beyond. Kerala looks lovely.
The exif isn't showing much information. What settings did you use?
Thank you Jaemie... i got it
EXIF: Camera :canon EOS 400D; (kit lens, 18-55); focal length: 18mm; aperture:f/11; shutter speed:1/800S; ISO:800
Regards
Beautiful country. Lots of photographic opportunity. The scene and your composition are
beautiful.
Take a look at this review of that particular lens, that you may find helpful.
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens Review - the Rebel and Rebel XT Kit Lens - photo.net. It looks like at f/8 that lens is going to perform the best in center and overall sharpness. I was going to mention to you on the 18-135 I own, I never go below 24mm unless I want to compromise sharpness. 24 is about the widest that lens will go before image quality suffers.
As far as this image goes, the exposure parameters hurt the overall IQ. It looks a bit soft, probably due to ISO 800. There's too much dark space at the bottom of the frame that's not registering with my mind correctly when I view it. You probably don't need to shoot at any shutter speed above 1/250 or 1/320 to achieve sharp results handheld. Shooting the fast shutter speed knocks off a couple stops of light you were compensating for with the high ISO.