Kerala, my Home state

I've heard from people who are from Kerala that there is a lot of rain and the plant life does very well. This image captures what I imagined.

Thank you pgriz for your kind words..... Actually this is a very wide part of the world and i am at one of its corner .... and my part of the country (Kerala) is famous for its lush green settings all over... but i myself is very eager to visit the Northern states like Rajasthan, and North eastern states .... One Life Is Not Enough.... :D

What a beautiful and tranquil natural scene! Is this a river, lake, or an estuary? I like the cloudy blue sky and the lazy palm trees. The foreground appears a bit too dark, but then a bright busy foreground would detract from the greater vista beyond. Kerala looks lovely.

The exif isn't showing much information. What settings did you use?

Thank you Jaemie... i got it
EXIF: Camera :canon EOS 400D; (kit lens, 18-55); focal length: 18mm; aperture:f/11; shutter speed:1/800S; ISO:800

Regards :D

Beautiful country. Lots of photographic opportunity. The scene and your composition are beautiful.

Take a look at this review of that particular lens, that you may find helpful. Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens Review - the Rebel and Rebel XT Kit Lens - photo.net. It looks like at f/8 that lens is going to perform the best in center and overall sharpness. I was going to mention to you on the 18-135 I own, I never go below 24mm unless I want to compromise sharpness. 24 is about the widest that lens will go before image quality suffers.

As far as this image goes, the exposure parameters hurt the overall IQ. It looks a bit soft, probably due to ISO 800. There's too much dark space at the bottom of the frame that's not registering with my mind correctly when I view it. You probably don't need to shoot at any shutter speed above 1/250 or 1/320 to achieve sharp results handheld. Shooting the fast shutter speed knocks off a couple stops of light you were compensating for with the high ISO.

Gorgeous!!! I agree about the bottom or lightening the black there.
Such an amazing part of the world. Wish I could see it up close and personal!

Frequency, my friend, you have done your country proud with that one. An absolutely gorgeous area.

I've heard from people who are from Kerala that there is a lot of rain and the plant life does very well. This image captures what I imagined.
Yes KenC... It is monsoon here now... even now it is raining here..... it brought some disasters too; in our neighbouring places; landslides in hilly part had washed away several houses killing 8 persons.... Even though things were not completely analysed, they say it might be a cloud burst that brough the disaster...
Yes a raining Kerala is a really wonderful place...of course it some painful sided too

:D

I'm sorry to hear about the mudslide. It's a shame that such beauty, comes w/ such a price.

What a beautiful and tranquil natural scene! Is this a river, lake, or an estuary? I like the cloudy blue sky and the lazy palm trees. The foreground appears a bit too dark, but then a bright busy foreground would detract from the greater vista beyond. Kerala looks lovely.

The exif isn't showing much information. What settings did you use?

Thank you Jaemie... i got it
EXIF: Camera :canon EOS 400D; (kit lens, 18-55); focal length: 18mm; aperture:f/11; shutter speed:1/800S; ISO:800

Regards :D

Beautiful country. Lots of photographic opportunity. The scene and your composition are beautiful.

Take a look at this review of that particular lens, that you may find helpful. Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens Review - the Rebel and Rebel XT Kit Lens - photo.net. It looks like at f/8 that lens is going to perform the best in center and overall sharpness. I was going to mention to you on the 18-135 I own, I never go below 24mm unless I want to compromise sharpness. 24 is about the widest that lens will go before image quality suffers.

As far as this image goes, the exposure parameters hurt the overall IQ. It looks a bit soft, probably due to ISO 800. There's too much dark space at the bottom of the frame that's not registering with my mind correctly when I view it. You probably don't need to shoot at any shutter speed above 1/250 or 1/320 to achieve sharp results handheld. Shooting the fast shutter speed knocks off a couple stops of light you were compensating for with the high ISO.

Majeed, i am very much impressed by your analysis which is very valuable.... i am very much thankful to your analysis :D

Most reactions

Back