Kerri - Hair Flip

STM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scottmurphyphotography.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love shooting photos like this but the timing is very critical. In this case I finally got it right on the 10th try, which was good because Kerri was getting very dizzy! :D

Nikon D700, 180mm f/2.8 AIS ED Nikkor, 1/500 sec @ f/4
hairflip.jpg

C ircular Pol arizer

Nice shutter speed selection! Gives a nice range of motion-stopping and rendering effects,depending on how fast things are moving.

C ircular Pol arizer

Nice shutter speed selection! Gives a nice range of motion-stopping and rendering effects,depending on how fast things are moving.

I didn't use a polarizer because my 180mm has a 72mm filter thread and the only polarizer I have is only a 52mm.

Nice shot. I think you need to play with the color a bit. Boost the blue and aqua color

I love shooting photos like this but the timing is very critical. In this case I finally got it right on the 10th try, which was good because Kerri was getting very dizzy! :D

Any particular reason you didn't just let it rip on continuous shooting mode? You probably could have made 2 or 3 attempts instead of 10 and got many more good shots to choose from.

Pretty sure he did that but even with the burst mode sometime it still doesnt look good (funny face, funny eyes, hair at wrong location, etc.).

Any particular reason you didn't just let it rip on continuous shooting mode? You probably could have made 2 or 3 attempts instead of 10 and got many more good shots to choose from.

Hi there, lately I was out from the forum because busy with my a new release of my website, now is fine, I guess I'm back.

Nice shot, and I agree on saturation, maybe not too much but need more saturation.

Keep going!

awesome! I like it!

Call me old school, I see it as a badge of honor, but I do not turn over any part of the photographic process to a machine. I used to, and still do, go months with dead batteries in my F2's because I do not trust camera meters. I use either my Sekonic L-358 or my ancient, though eminently capabpe Pentax Spotmeter V meters. And I have done a good bit of testing work to calibrate the D700's "ISO" setting to my meters. I prefer to do things my way and let the camera just record what I want. Just one more reason why I own nothing by AIS manual focus prime focal length Nikkors and do 95% of my metering with done with hand held meters. I basically use my D700 as a digital Nikon F2.

But that's just me, your mileage may vary! :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back