JillH
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Mar 18, 2010
- Messages
- 35
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Western PA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer on this:
My library of photos is already pretty-well organized (I'm rather OCD about that), and I have folders with my favorites/best photos separate from the rest of the crowd. Now I need to keyword/tag them - something I've never done before so I have a lot of retroactive work to do.
I'm finding both the Nikon NX program and Photoshop Elements 7 are both terribly cumbersome to work with and seriously lacking in flexibility and speed. In my perfect world, I'd love to be able to just type in or cut and paste keywords rather than deal with the crappy drop down lists in the two programs mentioned above. At the same time, I dread adding yet another software program, but if it simplifies my life, I'll consider it.
I am stuck with a few restrictions though; I'm working on a 2-year old laptop with Windows XP, and I cannot currently afford to invest hundreds of dollars into another photo software program (e.g. the full version of Photoshop).
Any suggestions, or do I just need to suck it up and work with what I have?
TIA
My library of photos is already pretty-well organized (I'm rather OCD about that), and I have folders with my favorites/best photos separate from the rest of the crowd. Now I need to keyword/tag them - something I've never done before so I have a lot of retroactive work to do.
I'm finding both the Nikon NX program and Photoshop Elements 7 are both terribly cumbersome to work with and seriously lacking in flexibility and speed. In my perfect world, I'd love to be able to just type in or cut and paste keywords rather than deal with the crappy drop down lists in the two programs mentioned above. At the same time, I dread adding yet another software program, but if it simplifies my life, I'll consider it.
I am stuck with a few restrictions though; I'm working on a 2-year old laptop with Windows XP, and I cannot currently afford to invest hundreds of dollars into another photo software program (e.g. the full version of Photoshop).
Any suggestions, or do I just need to suck it up and work with what I have?
TIA