What's new

Kiddo portraits C&C

mommy22

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
191
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pics today and am curious to know what everyone thinks. I decided for the whole month of March, I am only going to use Manual mode. I have become too reliant on Apeture priority and I feel it is limiting me a bit. I have done no PP on these pics. I think the one of my baby is good but do think that the bottom left corner is a nbit overexposed and my other daughter could have been out of the background. The second pic, of my other daughter, I think is pretty good. Feedback would be great!!!!!

keri-4.jpg


kaitlyn2-3.jpg
 
really cute kids!, the only thing i dont care for is the distracting objects in the background of the first shot!
 
1) Fix the highlights being blown out and the cluttered background and it's golden. Beautiful baby!

2) I think you captured a very cute natural portrait, however, on looking at it again, it looks like she was handing you flowers....back up and GET THAT! I find myself looking at it and wanting to see the flowers and the gesture of her giving them to you.

Just my $0.02 :D
 
Thanks! I totally agree with you. And she was handing me flowers- such a sweetie.
 
Agree. My Tot was picking grass lol
 
cute kids! The only other thing I may offer up is that in the second shot she appears a bit blue... maybe explore on adjusting white balance as well?
 
Hmmm, I haven't done any PP on them so I will play with the WB a bit...Thanks!
 
The only thing I will add here is that that in #1 you just need to get a bit lower if you can ... I always try to shoot right at eye-level, (keeps the forehead and chin in proper proportions) with the baby it looks like her forehead is a lot bigger than I bet it really is - she has a WICKED CUTE (oh, yeah, BTW, I'm from New England and say "wicked" a lot) cute smile.
 
You definitely captured an awesome smile in the first shot!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom