Kids and County Fairs

jjparson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is from a couple of weeks ago at the Box Elder County Fair in Northern Utah. My kids think this roller coaster is the greatest invention ever created. Just a fun pic I thought I would share.

County Fair 2012-14-Edit.jpg by 3$ Maddy, on Flickr

I find that this has exactly the wrong amount of context for my taste. I'd like to see it either cropped in tight on the kids, so it's "excited kids" or pulled back so it's more clearly "kids on a roller coaster". This feels like some no-man's land in between. The kids are cute as heck, though!

I find that this has exactly the wrong amount of context for my taste. I'd like to see it either cropped in tight on the kids, so it's "excited kids" or pulled back so it's more clearly "kids on a roller coaster". This feels like some no-man's land in between. The kids are cute as heck, though!

That is definitely what I had a hard time with as well. The problem with a wider a crop is that there are a whole bunch of other kids in the shot if I make it any wider than this. I could try a tighter crop though. Thanks for the idea!

I like it as-is, no crop. Sure, in a perfect world, a little wider would have been nice, but I got immediately that they were on an amusement park ride and having the time of their life. A tighter crop, imo, would still happy, excited kids, but it would lose some atmosphere that tells what they are happy about.

I like it as-is, no crop. Sure, in a perfect world, a little wider would have been nice, but I got immediately that they were on an amusement park ride and having the time of their life. A tighter crop, imo, would still happy, excited kids, but it would lose some atmosphere that tells what they are happy about.
i agree completely. i like it as-is, just enough perspective to give you an idea of the environment without being too busy or losing the expressions as the main point of the photo. maybe edit out the yellow bar on the top left though, the color is pretty bright and the negative space up there might be helpful.

Most reactions

Back