Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think this is the momma
PM1_5375.jpg

Pretty sure these are the chicks.
PM1_5368.jpg

And poppa giving me the broken wing act to lure me away.
PM1_5367.jpg

Awesome shots,

I love these birds, they are the kings of pretending to be injured to lure the predators away from the nest, they drop a wing and scurry away from the nest then wait for the predator to get close then scurry away again still with the wing dropped and will keep doing this until they get far enough away from it, then as the predator gets close for the last time, they fly away.

They are quick when running on the ground also. Love watching them

Awesome shots,

I love these birds, they are the kings of pretending to be injured to lure the predators away from the nest, they drop a wing and scurry away from the nest then wait for the predator to get close then scurry away again still with the wing dropped and will keep doing this until they get far enough away from it, then as the predator gets close for the last time, they fly away.

They are quick when running on the ground also. Love watching them
Thanks.

Yeah, he got quite close to me to draw me away from the others. It took me a few seconds to realize what he was doing. I saw him first and then started keeping my eye out for the others.

Thanks.

Yeah, he got quite close to me to draw me away from the others. It took me a few seconds to realize what he was doing. I saw him first and then started keeping my eye out for the others.
Did he have one of the wings dropped down like it might be broken?

My X used to try and lure me away from her ice-cream. Never worked.
Nice set, I like #2 best.

My X used to try and lure me away from her ice-cream. Never worked.
Nice set, I like #2 best.
Ha! Did she have a broken wing act too?

Thanks, Kirk.

Most reactions

Back