Killerbird

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, here is my first addition to the darkside.
Had a lucky shot today at the bird demo, when this vulture closed his 3rd eyelids. When i saw it, i thought "DARKSIDE" immidiatley.
Here it is:
darkside001.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Wow.....that is sooooo freekin cool. Three eyelids? Awesome addition. Excellent capture doenoe

Wow wow wow!! Great image. Very darkside. :thumbup: :fangs:

Looks a little noisy, I guess low ligfht and high ASA? hope you dont mind but I ran it through Neat Image, what do you think? If you'd rather I'll take it down, just say...

darkside001_filtered.jpg

I am absolutely loving this shot! Dark indeed! I prefer the noise - makes it more dark to me. Great shot!

thanks for the comments :)
Normally you dont see the third eyelid. It just closes it very fast, to keep the eye moist. Was pure luck that i had it in the shot.
I added the noise myself, thought it would make it more darkside material. The sun was shinning and low ISO, so no noise on the original picture. But you can leave it in here, i dont mind.
Anyways, thanks again :)

doenoe said:
I added the noise myself, thought it would make it more darkside material. The sun was shinning and low ISO, so no noise on the original picture.

Ahh, my bad :blushing: That's why neat image worked so well! Hahah!

I think I'd prefer monocrome noise rather than colour noise but it's just my personal taste. Whatever, it's a fantastic image. Someone happened to be looking over my shoulder at work as I had this on screen and she went 'Eeewwww, what's that?' So as a darkside image, it has the desired effect :mrgreen:

hehe, well i kinda did well then eh.
I was playing with the monocrome button in PS, but i didnt see a big difference. So i kept it unchecked, must have been my untrained eye then.

This is an awsome shot..... he looks so evil..... just how we like em over here! great stuff doenoe, if you can get more of these type of things... keep em coming! :thumbup:

Doenoe, it looks pretty evil in colour too (with the translucent blue third eyelid)...any chance you can post the colour version here?

sure thing. Here is the color version:
roofvogels233.jpg

And here is another one with the third eyelid closed, doesnt look that evil though:
roofvogels274.jpg

And thanks again for the comments :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back