What's new

Killington on a Fall Day

H4X1MA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 10, 2011
Messages
327
Reaction score
59
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Actually feel pretty good about this one, rip it apart if you like! :D

 
Nice...love the slope. It seems to lead you towards the peppered colors in the woods to the left.

What lens did you use?
 
Ditto this ^^^^. The real image is in the top middle part of the frame.
 
I disagree with the "less grass" theory of this photo. I like having a close foreground in the frame, but I think it would be improved if there were some item in the foreground - like a tree stump, or big rock. Or a puppy! Just something to add some near-range interest.
 
I was leaning towards the more sky approach as well, but as you can probably notice from the final image the right sky is really bright. The sun was at like 2 o'clock and a lot of the sky ended up losing it's colors because of it so I opted out of that plan. I do wish there was an item on the left, and for once I was actually thinking it while shooting! There was a house down there, but it was too far left to really come into play. Had I used the version with the house in it I think it would have failed.

The lens was actually the 18-55 that came with the camera, with a polarizer, if you can believe that! I did some wide angle shots as well but none of them came out as I wanted.

As I did last time, here is the original after RAW processing;
6237456079_c8837abe20_b.jpg
 
Nice image.

I am torn myself, about how much grass it needs.

I can see less. But I feel the same as Breaux, as it is, something needs to be in the foreground to really make it sing.
 
I was leaning towards the more sky approach as well, but as you can probably notice from the final image the right sky is really bright. The sun was at like 2 o'clock and a lot of the sky ended up losing it's colors because of it so I opted out of that plan. I do wish there was an item on the left, and for once I was actually thinking it while shooting! There was a house down there, but it was too far left to really come into play. Had I used the version with the house in it I think it would have failed.

The lens was actually the 18-55 that came with the camera, with a polarizer, if you can believe that! I did some wide angle shots as well but none of them came out as I wanted.

As I did last time, here is the original after RAW processing;
6237456079_c8837abe20_b.jpg

The picture seems reddish, including the one after being processed.
 
I was leaning towards the more sky approach as well, but as you can probably notice from the final image the right sky is really bright. The sun was at like 2 o'clock and a lot of the sky ended up losing it's colors because of it so I opted out of that plan. I do wish there was an item on the left, and for once I was actually thinking it while shooting! There was a house down there, but it was too far left to really come into play. Had I used the version with the house in it I think it would have failed.

The lens was actually the 18-55 that came with the camera, with a polarizer, if you can believe that! I did some wide angle shots as well but none of them came out as I wanted.

As I did last time, here is the original after RAW processing;

The picture seems reddish, including the one after being processed.

It looks like you are right, when I overlay a B&W layer and adjust the reds to show white I get some in the top right and lower left of the field. I know I was trying to emphasize the reds due to fall colors. I'll have to watch out for this next time.

Killington_Process_showred.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom