kinda new and need camera decision help input.

mmikeclass06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
have had frinds that are a little into photography but not a major hobby. i recently joined a local car club and are needing help deciding what camera would be best. im looking to spend 2 plus grand. but are looking 600-1300. a bud of mine has the nikon d60 and loves it but i had though about the d80 and didnt know what the major diffrences were. i love to capture self portraits, automobiles, and landscapes.

Any current DSLR body will do what you want. Go down to your local camera store, tell the salesman what you want, what you need, and give him your budget. Handle the various bodies, explore their features, go on-line read reviews, and then make a decision. Good luck.

Please, god, if yer going Nikon and have that kind of budget do not buy anything less than a D80. Do a search on my name and D40 and you'll see my various comments on it. D40-D60 are the cameras you buy when money is tight and you really want to get into the DSLR space. D80 is the one you buy when you have the cash but might rather spend a few bucks on some lenses. D200 is the one you buy when you're getting serious and want a cam that will really last. D300 is the one you buy when you're making money and you might as well. D3 is the one you buy when you're making a LOT of money and you need full frame. :)

I suggest the pentax K20D.

And by the way, Manaheim...You forgot the D700.

Also look at used. Canon 20D's = $400. Nikon D70 = $less than a D80.

Lenses are where it's at. Spend a little on a good used body and a lot on a good used lens. Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM = $1600, but sooooo worth it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back