King Tut exhibit in SF MoMA

Mystwalker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Could not find anything on MoMA site about allowing flash so going to assume no flash, no tripod allowed. Hope they allow monopod.

I've been too dependent on flash :( so not sure what to use in low light.

Was planning on 50 f/1.8 with 5DII. Is this enough for museum type setting?

Could not find anything on MoMA site about allowing flash so going to assume no flash, no tripod allowed. Hope they allow monopod.

I've been too dependent on flash :( so not sure what to use in low light.

Was planning on 50 f/1.8 with 5DII. Is this enough for museum type setting?

i went to a king tut exhibit, hes not there btw, they make it sound like it, but in reality you get to see like his crown and a couple dead mummies, big let down

hf though :)

I would guess that for such an exhibit you're probably right about no flash photography allowed. That said, a fast lens like your 50 1.8 and turning the ISO up a little, I think, will do just fine.

Monopod at most if your lucky - tripod is certainly totally out and as to is flash - though unless they are very hot on camers you can bet every little point and shoot will be using its flash (And hot on cameras means no cameras at all most of the time sadly).

Best settings? Well if you have your monopod that is a big help - after that its upping your ISO and opening your aperture up wide - make sure that you get the focus spot on since depth of field will become smaller (if you can get away with it stopping down to say f2,8 will make things a little easier in that regard).

Its the srot of event which you should walk into expecting to walk out with noisy shots from

[/quote]
i went to a king tut exhibit, hes not there btw[/QUOTE]

Bummer!
Was hoping he would autograph my Bangles "Walk Like an Egyptian" album :)

Personally, do not understand fascination of items belonging (supposedly) to a long dead king. From my understanding, he didn't do anything notable. But wife loves that kind of stuff and Xmas is getting close :)

First off, the King Tut exhibit is not at SF MoMa, hardly imagine King Tut at the Museum of Modern Art. The exhibit is at da Young Museum in Golden Gate Park, just off 9th Ave.

No photogrpahy of any sort is permitted in the exhibit.

Most reactions

Back