Kingfisher and some Ospreys

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woohoo, I saw a great blue heron out yonder in the marshes so I mucked my way out through the tall reeds. I heard that haunting laugh that I know to well but this time it actually landed on a tree to my left in perfect sun... I also spent a good deal of time with an Osprey about 40-50 feet above me. I went with spot metering on some trying to pull out a different kind of portrait look. Something different at least. I probably sould have used some selective noise reduction but I didn't have time.... Comments always welcome.. but it seems like everyone is missing from TPF... hmmm

Kingfisher by krisinct, on Flickr

Osprey - Pensive by krisinct, on Flickr

Osprey Portrait by krisinct, on Flickr

4 I know the wings are clipped.. it was too close.. but the cool thing was it is backlit, but at the same time the water was acting like a giant reflector and lit the bottom also...

Osprey water reflecting by krisinct, on Flickr

Osprey Above wings spread by krisinct, on Flickr

As soon as I see your name I have to click! Never disappointed. :D

Great shots, but looks to me like that Ospreys eyeballing you in three of the four photos.

Be well,

Anthony

Excellence as always!

I've become quite curious - why are Ospreys so popular to photograph? I see lots and lots of posts on Ospreys. I rather like them -- just want to know why its Ospreys and not something else.

CC, great shots, that Kingfisher is just great. I like the second Osprey (image #3) the best of that lot - I could just see a caption - "What??? You back a gain?" :mrgreen:

WesternGuy

Terrific kingfisher shot. It's my favorite. I see kingfishers all the time but they hardly ever sit still for a photo. The instant I point my camera at them they take off. Ospreys make great photo subjects because many of them are not particularly afraid of people like most other birds. They don't seem to mind people pointing cameras at them, especially when they're up in a tree. Those are excellent osprey photos too.

Gotta love when nature helps you out with a natural reflector like that. I like the portrait style that you were going for here. I also don't mind the noise. I don't notice it in the bird only in the back ground so IMO it makes the bird pop even more off the screen.

Real nice set. I need to move your way, it's almost like your on a different planet

As soon as I see your name I have to click! Never disappointed. :D
:) Thank you

Great shots, but looks to me like that Ospreys eyeballing you in three of the four photos.
Anthony
I always try to capture the direct eye contact. Sort of my thing I guess.. Eyes always convey emotion...

Excellence as always!
Thank you!

I've become quite curious - why are Ospreys so popular to photograph? I see lots and lots of posts on Ospreys. I rather like them -- just want to know why its Ospreys and not something else.
For me personally they are the coolest raptor. I've become obsessed with them actually. When they dive at 80 MPH to catch fish it is just awesome...

Terrific kingfisher shot. It's my favorite. I see kingfishers all the time but they hardly ever sit still for a photo. The instant I point my camera at them they take off. Ospreys make great photo subjects because many of them are not particularly afraid of people like most other birds. They don't seem to mind people pointing cameras at them, especially when they're up in a tree. Those are excellent osprey photos too.
Thank you:) Ospreys up here are actually pretty flighty.. I've spent the past 2 months trying to friend these 3 ospreys and I think they recognize me to a certain degree... The kingfisher I have been trying to get for a year...

Gotta love when nature helps you out with a natural reflector like that. I like the portrait style that you were going for here. I also don't mind the noise. I don't notice it in the bird only in the back ground so IMO it makes the bird pop even more off the screen.
I was really digging the reflection. I haven't caught one like that before.. Thought it was neat

Real nice set. I need to move your way, it's almost like your on a different planet
Nah just a different county :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back