What's new

Kittens and horses...

TenaciousTins

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 21, 2011
Messages
397
Reaction score
72
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Separately lol...took pictures at a horse show last month...and I have 6 kittens in my care and of course that presents opportunity. There are tons of pics, so I won't ask for C&C but if you'd like to give it, go for it! For the kittens, I was using the 50mm 1.8 and for the horses, I was using my 55-250mm.

So here you go...kittens first, cause that's what you really came for!

Got an 8x10 of this...he is so cute! This is Ihop...he has a missing paw, not that you see that here!

9-25-1-8.jpg


Lilly

9-25-1-7.jpg


Black kitten with mama...not a great pic, some blur and stuff, but it's too cute.

9-25-1-9.jpg


Leo

9-25-1-13.jpg


Random tabby a few weeks ago

9-25-1-19.jpg


Oh yes, can't leave mama out

9-25-1-2.jpg


And now for the horses...it was 90 degrees and either very bright or completely clouded up but with a white blanket cloud...and such distracting backgrounds...but I had a blast! I've never gotten this chance before!

9-25-1-36.jpg


9-25-1-31.jpg


9-25-1-29.jpg


9-25-1-30.jpg


Enjoy!
 
Nice horses. And for the kitties: Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!
 
Cute kitties! Of course God never made an ugly kitty kat.

I used to have a black tortoise shell cat. She was a sassy but an unusually obedient cat. She was the best; I miss her.

Did you know that almost all tortoise shell cats are females?
 
Cute kitties! Of course God never made an ugly kitty kat.

I used to have a black tortoise shell cat. She was a sassy but an unusually obedient cat. She was the best; I miss her.

Did you know that almost all tortoise shell cats are females?

There are males, but they are sterile because of the extra X chromosome. And no, Zoe, our calico is the best! ;)
 
the kittens are adorable. As for the horse images, LOVE them
 
Thanks :blushing:

The mama is a very pretty kitty...I did know that about tortiseshells and calicos! Same type of thing with orange cats, they are almost all males.

This mama was abandoned. My brother is currently living in a house that's being remodeled and he found the black kitten in the insulation in the wall, about a day old, just meowing for its life! He'd never seen any cats around there at all but it is a farm that looks abandoned so it's not surprising. He put it in a box, and warmed it up with a hot water bottle and towels and it made it through the night. The next day, he found her in the basement, and she led him to the other 5 kittens in a room on the first floor of the house...the kitten he found was on the second floor! He couldn't keep the kitties there, so he was going to take them to the humane shelter...but our shelter is overflowing already and I have a big house with a nice basement so I took them on (had 5 cats already...lol) and put them in my basement so as to keep them separate from my kitties. They're about 8 weeks old now and are going to great homes.

As for mama, not sure what I'm going to do with her. She is gorgeous...and VERY sweet. I mean, this cat has no will to hurt anyone. She is extremely happy, ALWAYS purring. But here's the thing. She likes to eat bread. While I was taking those photos, she snuck inside and got up on my counter and ate TWO apple cider donuts in the space of half an hour. Then my hubby had bought some bran muffins and she ate one of those. And we had some hamburger rolls and she started to eat those. And we had some bread on the counter and she started to eat that too. She just chews right through the bags and eats it. I'm usually very conscious of what's going on but she's so quick. She eats like she has some food anxiety...she was pretty skinny when I got her so I'm wondering if that's what it is. I don't know...but I think I will try to give her away to some old lady that needs a companion or something lol because as SWEET as she is, I can't live in fear that my bread will be murdered! I must say, it has given us plenty of good laughs.

Thanks for the compliments...I was quite pleased with the pictures myself. It was my first time really using the 55-250mm and it was good practice! I sure was glad I was taking the pictures and not the one on the horses...although I am a good rider and enjoy riding, I would never be caught dead going over those jumps!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom