DSCF3442.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • DSCF3443.JPG
    DSCF3443.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 132
  • DSCF3444.JPG
    DSCF3444.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
She looks like one of my cats - the face is a little different but the coloring is very similar. I'd be afraid to let her out in the snow and never find her again ;)

I think of the four, the last one (3444) works the best.

She looks like one of my cats - the face is a little different but the coloring is very similar. I'd be afraid to let her out in the snow and never find her again ;)

I wanted to rate this funny and agree! Alas, I can not do both. The last one is definitely the best of the set.

I wanted to rate this funny and agree! Alas, I can not do both. The last one is definitely the best of the set.

Thank you for your feedback.I really enjoy photographing animals and today I saw my cat playing in the snow.i grabbed my camera and I run outside :D.

time for some brutal honesty here. these look like snap shots. the crops are bad, the image quality is only descent at best.

i think your shutter speed was a bit too slow causing a slight bit of blur in the image. the cat looks under exposed, the competition or crop of the photo is not all that good. i wold zoom in or crop closer so the animal fills the frame more if you can,( your first photo is what i am referring too here) usually you want to have more space in front of the animal than behind the animal and look up the rule of thirds for placement of the animal in the frame., that may help with better composition of your photos... composition is not bad on all of them but it is in the first one IMO.

ill post a photo notice how there is more negative space in front of the bird and less behind it, that is generally how you want a wild life/animal photo to look. allot of people would prefer a tighter crop than i have on my photo, however i like to see a little bit more of the background than some people do but i do not want to see too much of the background if i can get close enough or crop the photo enough.

one more thing, always focus on the animals eye, if you cant get the eye, make sure the focus point is on its head. your shutter speed looks a little slow, i can just a bit of blur from the cat moving.

the last photo would be descent but the tree branches are over its head.

20151119-DSC_4169-2.jpg

Last edited:
time for some brutal honesty here. these look like snap shots. the crops are bad, the image quality is only descent at best.

i think your shutter speed was a bit too slow causing a slight bit of blur in the image. the cat looks under exposed, the competition or crop of the photo is not all that good. i wold zoom in or crop closer so the animal fills the frame more if you can,( your first photo is what i am referring too here) usually you want to have more space in front of the animal than behind the animal and look up the rule of thirds for placement of the animal in the frame., that may help with better composition of your photos... composition is not bad on all of them but it is in the first one IMO.

ill post a photo notice how there is more negative space in front of the bird and less behind it, that is generally how you want a wild life/animal photo to look. allot of people would prefer a tighter crop than i have on my photo, however i like to see a little bit more of the background than some people do but i do not want to see too much of the background if i can get close enough or crop the photo enough.

one more thing, always focus on the animals eye, if you cant get the eye, make sure the focus point is on its head. your shutter speed looks a little slow, i can just a bit of blur from the cat moving.

View attachment 114035
Ok, thanks for your feedback.I didn't know that I have to use the rule of third for animals, and I will see what I can do with my shutter speed.Thank you again.

View attachment 114035
Ok, thanks for your feedback.I didn't know that I have to use the rule of third for animals, and I will see what I can do with my shutter speed.Thank you again.

check out this link. The Rule of Thirds in Photography Composition...is it Really a Rule? - Nature Photography Simplified

proper competition of a photo is quite important for any type of photo.., i think one reason my landscapes are not that great is i am not good at composing those types of photos but i seem to do well the the wildlife photos..

View attachment 114035

check out this link. The Rule of Thirds in Photography Composition...is it Really a Rule? - Nature Photography Simplified

proper competition of a photo is quite important for any type of photo.., i think one reason my landscapes are not that great is i am not good at composing those types of photos but i seem to do well the the wildlife photos..
Well, thank you for this site.It really helped me!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back