Knights..with lances and armor

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Poway's First World Invitational Joust. Most fun I have had in a while. Knights with a sense of humor, always joking with the crowd. Totally over cast and sprinkling off and on. CC welcome especially on the photoshoped pictures. New to the whole cut and paste creative stuff.

1796296244_01f3b5b255_o.jpg

1796296510_acc9b3089b_o.jpg

His face is red, yes. His face WAS red in person as were the whites of his eyes. I tryed to correct some, any suggestions on how to make the redness more subtle are all welcome.
1791706637_4b73b70eb0_o.jpg

1791708865_b5bfd2cdde_o.jpg

Cut him out, placed him on this picture. Did a texture layer, curves and contrast layer, added sun flare. Did some slight errasing back.
1796642071_5443c6079f_o.jpg

Cut the knight and horse out of my photo placed it on the castle photo, did some stuff, aged and added frame.
1797872160_c6889ce4c0_o.jpg

Thank you for looking :)

These are so cool! What a hunky knight in #3! I don't think it looks unnaturally red.
I like #5 except for the sun flare - it just doesn't look like it goes with the scene. Also the horse and rider still look a little too bright for the scene that you put them in.
The last one is some pretty neat photoshopping and I love the action in #2!

Great shots. I love your photoshopping, how did you cut your horse and rider out and paste into the new image so well? I have just started playing with that last night actually, and I'm having great trouble getting it to look right but yours look awesome. As for the red face on the rider did you try to do selective colour and take a bit of red out that way? You will lose a bit on his shirt too but it shouldn't be an issue or if it is, lasso around his face and take the red out of there only, you can also play with the neutral colours in selective colour too to get it looking just right. Just a suggestion. Anyway I think your shots are fab!

Ajay- Thank you for that input! After sitting for a few hrs looking and working on the same image I dont notice those little things a fresh set of eyes do. Isn't #3 a hunk? I think he looks like something out of a story book.

Bounce- I use the lassoo tool to cut the images out, very carefuly then soften or feather the edges once I place them on the image. Then it's a matter of adjusting the cut out layer to match (as close as I can) the light of the background layer. Then I play with the curves and what not once I merge the layers.
DUH! Selective color, thank you! I didn't want to completely take the redness from his face cuz I think it makes him look more raw and weathered. However, selective coloring will be an excelent way to controle the redness!

All of them a fantastic, but the 5th one kind screws up my brain. The rider is obviously coming fast, but there's some pretty severe branches behind him. Maybe finding a slightly different photo that doesn't have branches in his obvious path would be nice.

Great shots, though. Awesome job with the castle/knight combination! Great job with the aging in that shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back