Kodachrome 64 on the outs?

whiterabbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I found out from my local developer that this film is on its way out. Does anyone know why? They actually had to send it to Texas for developing so I'm guessing the problem is in the development of the film. But also thought it may be in the manufacturing of it, in that it may create toxins like chromium. :roll:

Hi rabbit! While chromium is a bad mofo... i would have to go with D on this, I heard from my local shop that there was no given reason other than people just dont want to develop it anymore...then again thats what he heard..we could all be wrong.

md

I think the reason you find less places processing this film is because the k-14 processing is rather toxic. Also, probably not as many people are shooting this film anymore, so what financial reason would any pro lab have for keeping a k-14 processing line up and running, if they can't process large volumes?
Here are some k-14 labs: http://www.geocities.com/thombell/k14.html

:what:

Wtf ... this was weird ... how the hell did I end up in this thread?

Last edited:
Good question, how did you end up in a thread this old?? LOL If nothing else you provided some entertainment, I got a good laugh out of it.

trolling ZOmbIe theads now, Josh? :eyebrows:

Good question, how did you end up in a thread this old?? LOL If nothing else you provided some entertainment, I got a good laugh out of it.

I was trying to reply to tecboy with quotes in another thread... and then I was here, responding to "Chase" from 2003.

Definitely odd ... lol

If "Chase" from 2003 had answered me I'd have logged off and gone to see a doctor. I'm so happy it was you two. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back