Kodachrome Making a Comeback?

Wont ever happen. The chemical process along with the machines are too complicated and expensive to rebuild and redistribute

How do you get Kodachrome out of that news story?

This sounds more like a further erosion of the photographic film business.

There are rumors floating around the web even quoting/implying unnamed sources within Kodak, LOL
Because of chemical and buffing process it seem likely it would be a different film that yelled the same image results as original Kodachrome

Kodak Kodachrome Returns In Both 35mm and 120 Emulsions

Last edited:
I bet it was worked on until the found out nothing will be the same. Then it was discontinued.

The last equipment to develop Kodachrome was at Dwayne's in Kansas. There might still be something about it on their website. They developed the last of the Kodachrome and since discontinued it. I don't know if they still have that equipment or not. If nobody else did, it doesn't seem feasible for it to go back into production, not unless labs would get new equipment to process it which seems unlikely (because I doubt it would be worth the cost for the amount of film they'd be processing).

Is someone came out with Whateverchrome and it looked like Kodachrome, I'd shoot it.

Never happen. Too expensive. Would be nice though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Never happen. Too expensive. Would be nice though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Never going to happen 'cuz Kodak has never released the full process.

Sent from MyOuthouse using ToiletPaper

I have no doubt that even if you could duplicate the Kodachrome film and process exactly, some folks would still say it is not as good as the original.

Many of my old remembrances, turned out to be far less glorious that I remembered, some years later.

It is always good to have more product on the market.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back