Kodak 7590 - How To Shoot Faster, Non-Blurry

gab goldenberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My dad has a Kodak 7590 and is looking to buy a new camera that has image stabilization. I think that if he used the 7590 better, he could avoid the new camera (which would more likely be a toy/status symbol purchase than anything else, imho). But rather than be obstinate one way or another, I'm asking the experts in this forum what my dad could do to take pics faster with his camera and make them non-blurry?

The problem is two fold.

1) He presses the trigger but has to hold for about 4 seconds (no joke!) before it will shoot.
2) Meanwhile, someone often moves and standard group shots etc come out blurred.

--> How can my dad have the camera shoot pictures right when he pressed the trigger?
--> How can he avoid them getting blurred, regardless of lag time with the button?
--> Does he really need image stabilization?

When my dad bought the cam, it was tops in its class, 10x optical zoom, 5mp ... not SLR but pretty fancy amateur cam. Seems frivolous to get another one now without at least trying to use the current one properly.

Thoughts/help more than appreciated, please!

It's a camera, not a magic worker. If somebody moves while the picture is being taken, it's gonna reflect that unless you manage to make the shutter speed short enough to stop motion.

Does it have a "manual" mode?

first of all, if you have to wait 4 seconds after pressing the shutter than your doing it wrong.

you have to half-press first, wait for it to focus, and THEN press full

Most reactions

New Topics

Back