Kodak is a Clothing Brand Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I didn't know Kodak made clothes now

zombie-walking.gif
Thread, but I do have two answers.

The forum software, and I know this from other forums, not blaming this one, shows new members all the old threads as NEW to give them an interesting recap. Unfortunately as they read and see interesting topics and answer, sometimes anyone might not notice that the question was asked and answered and it's been years. All I can say is after a few logins, that stops and if a new member marks the forums as read, it's going to kill all their Zombie's :chuncky:

Now about Kodak. The name is licensed and for money, pretty much anyone can buy the rights. There was a crypto coin and device that would do mining and it was one of the worst. 2018 project, KodakCoin never came to the market.

Hey the jackets are nice colors?

July 2020: "...Adam Boehler, will sign a letter of interest to provide a $765 million loan to Eastman Kodak Company (Kodak) to support the launch of Kodak Pharmaceuticals, a new branch of the company that will produce essential pharmaceutical components." The stock jumped up 114%. Then dropped back down, but still? $55 from $2.5? Then down to $31 and now? $4.31 a share.

Anyone older (like me?) knows Bell and Howell. Now that name is on cheap import products. There are others, doing the same National Radio was one, but Crosley is another and there are Victrola players. Did the trademark run out?

Kodak is name/brand licensing.

BTW

The Kodak camera was the product of the Eastman Company, not the name of the company.

1898 - George Eastman purchased the patent for Velox photographic paper from Leo Baekeland for $1,000,000. You don't recognize the name (wow a cool million back then? Brave) Yeah that's him, Bakelite.

I think this isn't that obscure to most of us, but Kodak invented the digital camera. Oh my how they missed that . Basically Kodak wanted the profitable paper and film business and was in denial. Something that others have missed when digital and computers changed their business model and industry.

The latest or reasonably latest, and I have to laugh when I read these things. "Celebrated camera accessory manufacturers of yesteryear, Kodak, is looking to join Chinese smartphone manufacturing giant Oppo for an upcoming flagship smartphone. This new smartphone is rumored to have 50MP dual cameras, where the cameras of the device will be modeled upon the old classic camera designs of the Kodak models."

Wow 50MP smartphone, branded Kodak? But what does modeled after a classic camera? Can this be my dream product? A camera that has a phone built into it, instead of a phone that has a camera. I mean that, honest. I hate phones with cameras. They take terrible photos, compared to "real cameras". How about someone build a camera, that has a phone built into it for transmitting images? The technology is all there, it's just not going to be a pocketable little toy with a tiny plastic lens the size of a thumbtack, and a sensor the size of a Micro SD card. (at best)

You see the reason a phone and a tablet can't have a larger sensor is... distance to the focal plane from the lens.

Yes cameras have WiFi and maybe some will upload, but I mean, designed to use the phone technology, shoot and upload. It's there. Instead of phone with camera... camera with phone? The ability to upload photos, high quality, mirrorless camera, straight to news or websites. ftp too.

That's an interesting thought, a camera with a phone... cell phones with cameras seem somewhat comparable to point 'n shoots, or instamatics, etc. for every day use, family snapshots, vacation photos.

I like Velox, that must have been good paper in its day. I've used it for lumen (sun) prints, it turns a nice purplish color and is my favorite to use for that I think.

Let's allow the thread to go back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back