Koninginnedag 2007

jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photoblog.jeroencoert.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday was Koninginnedag and we celebrated the birthday of the Queens mother although she is dead (her mother, not the Queen herself). Amsterdam was packed with 500,000 people and the city center was turned into one big garage sale party.
This was the sunniest Queens Day ever noted with a nice 22C degrees and a bright blue sky. I don't even have a hangover the next morning :wink:

1 Happy birthday.
IMG_4856.jpg

2 People walking into the city.
IMG_4859.jpg

3 No Queens Day series without the Wester Tower in a shot :wink:
IMG_4846.jpg

4 Future Queen and King of the Netherlands.
IMG_4833.jpg

5 People selling their junk.
IMG_4838.jpg

6 This is a shot that I really like :)
IMG_4845.jpg

7 Ze Dzjermanz
IMG_4863.jpg

8 To buy or not to buy... Or to walk around with a turn mill under your arm for the next 8 hours or not to...
IMG_4826.jpg

9 I had the impression the violin player was stoned or autistic. Or probably both...
IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

12 Too many people. The first time in many years that we made a U-turn in this street.
IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

14 Back in our own street Mr B was burning meat.
IMG_4880.jpg

Ze Dzjermanz being the orangest orange? Funny :D
Other than that there is a good deal of orange colour to be seen, which, of course, goes really well with the blue sky!
Why has Koninginnedag become THE flee market day, would you not expect it to be something more solemn? Not that I didn't like the idea of it being this fun, though the amount of people would not be fun to me, I don't deal well with large amounts of people, never have ... I much rather avoid any sort of crowds.

Koninginnedag has always been the only day of the year when you don't need a permit to sell in the streets. And yes it can be very crowdy in places. But the nice thing is that there are always quiet crossing streets without people to escape to if it gets on your nerves. I actually hate large crowds myself but I am a sucker for Q-Day...

i really missed that day. Had a lot of text messages of my friends who all had great times, wether it was in Amsterdam or Hoorn. The great weather also helped alot :)
You made some good pics, showing the atmosphere quit well :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back