Koukla (C&C)

Benjo255

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kuki.jpg

You asked for CC, so here it is:

- The watermark is incredibly distracting. Lose it, or maybe improve it. No one is going to steal a photo of your cat.

- Composition needs some work. She has a distracting wall/post/corner coming out of her head that is a different color from the rest of the frame. It sticks out like a sore thumb. She's also not really in a great part of the frame.

- Exposure is good. Good catchlights.

- In sum, it's just a cat photo. Maybe a step above a snapshot. You've got a great subject (she is beautiful), so maybe set up a proper backdrop and see if you can nail something similar. I'd also suggest shooting in portrait orientation for that one.

Thanks for your feedback.
The watermark is incredibly distracting. Lose it, or maybe improve it. No one is going to steal a photo of your cat.
I'll improve it in order to make it less distracting. May be I'll make it smaller and I'll go down with opacity. It's not there for a purpose of copyright. It's just a "signature".

She has a distracting wall/post/corner coming out of her head that is a different color from the rest of the frame. It sticks out like a sore thumb. She's also not really in a great part of the frame.
Yeah, I agree about the pink table leg coming out the head. It was an istant snapshot, so I didn't pay enough attention to the background composition, may be trusting too much in the bokeh. About the part of the frame I don't understand what you don't like of her position. Her head is centered, but coming from a movement from the lower right corner.

set up a proper backdrop and see if you can nail something similar. I'd also suggest shooting in portrait orientation for that one.
In the weekend I'll shoot a lot of cats' portraits and I'll have a uniformed background, as I said this is just a snapshot. What do you mean with "portrait orientation"?

Thank you for C&C, always welcome.

Turn your camera so the frame is taller than wide.
Oh ok. You mean vertical. That's a good idea!

or, in LR (or your photo editing software of choice) you can crop "tall" by selecting 8x10 and dragging the corner until it is a verticle rectangle instead of a horizontal one.

Actually, I'd be inclined to go to a square crop on the head. A little clone brush action and some masking, and you'd turn that into a really nice pet portrait.

Most reactions

Back