Kruzenshtern - Russian Tall Ship

Saddlebreds4me

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What an experience! We even got to help tach (sp?) one of the sails...we had a blast - here's a little bit of the trip...oh and keep in mind too, that we had a a film crew on board shooting a Visa commercial, that was really cool to watch!

A couple of things to keep in mind - with the film crew there it was a challenge to get around (the sunset shots were damn near impossible not to get some of them in the foreground) and when they raised and lowered the sails, you couldn't move much because there was so much running around (literally!) by the cadets - working to get all of the sails up and running smoothly.

I have not done any pp work on these, just wanted to share...it really was so cool and a once in a lifetime chance :D.

And yes, the dust is driving me crazy too! We had great weather on Monday and not so good weather on Tuesday...it was hard to keep everything clean.

DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0347-2.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0469.jpg

Thank you!

I have to say...it WAS offered...and I totally chickened out. We were also given the chance to go out on the 'mast' of the bow of the ship (that's not the proper name for it...) see the last photo - out at the end of that boom - dangling above the water...ummm, nope - not for me thanks! :lol:

I don't either...lol.

I think it's a crow's nest - although I didn't actually see one these young cadets were climbing all they way to the very top sail...it was AMAZING.

It is called the bowsprit. With the nets would have been ok to go out there. Maybe not all the way out. :p

Looks like a nice boat for a trip. The commercial filming would have bothered me though.

Glad you had a good time.

Read about Peter The Great and you will appreciate that ship a little more. Very cool BTW :)

Wonderful pictures. Liked the sunsets, but mostly the documentary close-ups. If you're ever out on the west coast, check out the nautical museum on Hyde Street Pier in San Fran. Also the Star if India in San Diego. I'd guess Seattle and Portland has great opportunities too.
Tom Beard

Thanks everyone - it was such a blast...and it made me totally appreciate having two separate bodies and lenses - what a PITA to keep changing! Got to start saving up again I guess for another body...

Most reactions

Back