Kwazee- Actor Profile Shot w/colored lighting.

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kwazee is my favorite muse and one of my best friends. I've shared another image from this shoot in the past, but considering that I have waaaaay too much time on my hands because of quarantine right now, I finally got a chance to edit another photo from this shoot.
Shot using the original Canon 5D with a Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens attached set to f/5, 1/160th sec, ISO 1000, and lit with LED panels. Unfortunately the output of these LED panels didn't allow me to shoot at my usual f/11, so the focus falls off pretty quickly on his wrist and arm in the foreground.
_MG_0067.jpg

I like how the warmer light highlights the features of the face that the brain is wired to see first, like the eyes, brow, and mouth. It really helps see the model's expression first.

I think the shallower DOF is also better here. The forearm is fairly large in the frame and I think if it were more in focus may be more distracting, but here feels more like a leading line.

I like how the warmer light highlights the features of the face that the brain is wired to see first, like the eyes, brow, and mouth. It really helps see the model's expression first.

I think the shallower DOF is also better here. The forearm is fairly large in the frame and I think if it were more in focus may be more distracting, but here feels more like a leading line.
That forearm is the biggest issue I have with this shot, so I'm glad to hear it isn't as obtrusive as I was worried it would be.

Agree with crimbfighter, normally anything so large and out of focus would be distracting but in this case my eyes are immediately drawn to his face by the line and the lighting.

Great portrait.

Agree with crimbfighter, normally anything so large and out of focus would be distracting but in this case my eyes are immediately drawn to his face by the line and the lighting.

Great portrait.
Thank you so much.

The forearm "works" in this instance. Creative and well- handled.

Agreed..

sometimes the photo gods just shine...

In this case the forearm actually moves the eye to his face and because it isn't contrasty to the lighting it isn't obtrusive at all.

Again.. great work.

Agreed..

sometimes the photo gods just shine...

In this case the forearm actually moves the eye to his face and because it isn't contrasty to the lighting it isn't obtrusive at all.

Again.. great work.
Thank you so much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back