What's new

Ladies Tea Event - C&C

agc970

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 28, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was asked by a close friend if I would shoot some photos at the local church's annual tea party event. This was a great no-pressure opportunity for me to be able practice, because it was all just for fun. This year's theme for the tea party was "Wedding Dresses Through the Eras". The church invited a guest speaker to come and display vintage bridal gowns and wedding party attire from a 100-year time span. Guests were encouraged to wear their old wedding gowns or bridesmaid dresses. It was really fun and very interesting to hear about the traditions of different eras.

No flash was used- I'm currently saving up for lighting equipment. So my only lighting was the ugly florescent lights in this building with zero windows. My biggest issues were white balance and slow-shutter speed. Used my 18-55mm kit lens for all shots. Shot entirely in aperture-priority mode. Please critique

#1
4550112748_cc7da9cca9.jpg


#2
4549475411_ee4b1608c1.jpg


#3
4550114882_4ab21f81e4.jpg


#4
4549474109_e76445eeae.jpg


#5
4549473491_106316e0f8.jpg


#6
4550115496_6ae27954e7.jpg


#7
4549476125_3d43985c46.jpg
 
Pretty good shots overall. Looks like it would have been an interesting event, similar to a wedding minus the bridezilla, ha ha.
I agree WB seems to be your biggest issue throughout most of this series. I think you got it right on #'s 2,3, and 7.
I think that you could have tried using a smaller aperture for less DOF to cut out some of that ugly background.
My fave is #6, Keep up the good work!
 
thanks for the feedback brett :) #6 is my personal fave too :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom