Lady in Window

Great shot, Mike. I think you could go a little tighter with this one and lose nothing. JMO.

Great shot, Mike. I think you could go a little tighter with this one and lose nothing. JMO.
Yes, I find it strange that cropping it more squarely, seems to make the tree more appealing within the overall composition; put your hands out over the sides of the picture. Maybe it's just me :)

I think the tree belongs here also. I like this capture of her posture.

I also like the tree in the shot. In general, I like how the white wall that the woman is sitting beside, acts almost like a canvas for her, and the window is the white wall's canvas and the brick building the windows canvas and then there is the tree to kind of anchor the set. Love it! :thumbup:

Mike, you better watch out, you emulate Arne Svenson. :D
On the other hand I like this pic immensely. "Great catch".
The only thing which is destroying the harmony of geometry for me here is the tree. It takes away the solitude of the human in the very artificial world. But that is only my opinion.

I would probably clone stamp out the papers in her lap, to make it an emotional pose, not a practical one.
But that depends on your philosophy / whether you care about the reality of the situation or not.

Thanks much for your remarks. Each POV is worth considering and I made some changes per your advice.

I have added the original.

The tree was a problem so I had to shoot off to the side and straighten with the perspective tool on my PSP X2 software.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back