ladybird on a leaf selective colourising

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this shot whilst i was out last weekend, this is the original.
ladybirdonleaf.jpg

and this one i did a touch of selective colourising in ps. which one?
P4100003.jpg

The b&w one looks really cool, but please try to do a neater job in photoshop. The closer you get it the better it's gunna look. Try zooming up super close and doing it by the pixel if you have to.

i did select by the pixel, i used magic wand, you can't get any more selective than that, it chooses the pixels.

It chooses sections by their color. The ladybug fades around the edges so it's darker, but it's still the ladybug and wand tool won't pick it up. It won't because it didn't.

Have 2 PS documents open, one b&w and one color. On the color one, erase everything around the ladybug getting closer and closer each time. Then zoom way in with eraser and get really close up on the edges of the ladybug. Now take this ladybug and put it in a new layer on the b&w one right where it should be. Better?

right i'll either have to change my monitor or my glasses, sorry cos i do'nt see it. thanks for that.

Great job! When I saw the colour version I was a bit scared the leaves would all blend into each other.. but you pulled it off really well. What if you coloured in the leaf as well??? just another idea.

I like them both, nice work.

hey I like it a lot but forgive me, I'm a huge photoshop guy. This is what i'm talking about...this is what it will look like. Check out around the edges of the ladybug, it makes it a lot nicer.
asdf2qq.jpg

love the black and white...great idea....and dalebe, i tried zooming on my pixels one time, but i pulled a muscle....( i like them both...)

MUSICkeepMEalive said:
Have 2 PS documents open, one b&w and one color. On the color one, erase everything around the ladybug getting closer and closer each time. Then zoom way in with eraser and get really close up on the edges of the ladybug. Now take this ladybug and put it in a new layer on the b&w one right where it should be. Better?

I take a snapshot before converting to B&W and then use the history brush to paint the color back in.

MUSICkeepMEalive said:
hey I like it a lot but forgive me, I'm a huge photoshop guy. This is what i'm talking about...this is what it will look like. Check out around the edges of the ladybug, it makes it a lot nicer.
Hey point taken! it does improve it, but there are a few factors you have to consider: unless comparing with the original and zooming in very close you would never know, and also i am not that used to using photoshop i usually use raw images, unless tweeking the colour or contrast that's as far as my photoshoping goes, but did'nt think it was bad for first attempt at selective colourising, so first lesson learned! i'll have to go on a course for the rest of photoshop :D thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back