Lake Jocassee in South Carolina
Hyperfocaldistanceprojectphoto3.jpg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photoparsec.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have taken an almost identical shot to this one among many others, I just couldnt' get it to work however, I dont' think this works either.

The only shot I got to work was closer to the lake and plenty of colour.

OP
malkav41

malkav41

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was shot from an overlook w/ a Canon FTb with an FD 50mm lens set to hyperfocal distance. Shot on Fuji Superia 400 speed film.

I know that I sliced the image right through the middle with the horizon line.:(

The haze is a constant there due to the air pollution.:( So it plays havoc with the colors. I shot this around May of this year. I should have waited till Fall when there was a lot more color.

This is as close as I could get, and still have the lake be seen from above, instead of the standard across the lake shot from the shore we've all seen a gillion times.

Rhubarb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
None of this shot looks sharp to me. I don't know if the shot has suffered from camera shake, or if it was windy and you were using a slow shutter speed.

The sky is washed out and has no detail so doesn't add anything to the image.

I think you have a tough job shooting that far from the lake with that haze over it. I can only suggest that you try re-shooting at a different time of day, when the light is much softer, or during sunset / sunrise when you could get some really interesting colours through the haze.

Use a tripod and cable release / timer to avoid camera shake, and if is windy ensure you shutter speed is fast enough to avoid blurred trees.

Keep shooting!

Best,
Rhu

OP
malkav41

malkav41

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot the photo at 17:21 on a cloudy October day at a shutter speed of 1/60, and an f/stop of 16. I used the self-timer, and had the camera on a tripod to minimize camera shake.

I've been back to that same overlook many times, at different times of the day, and it's the same haze wise.

I guess I'll never get this shot to be the way I envisioned it to be.

Most reactions

New Topics