Lake Ontario in Snow Storm CC

Next time, try not to crop off any tree tops. ;)

Good luck and dress warm!
cold.gif
you guys are terrific... i have learned so much in such a short time... just because you open my eyes.... i am sorry that i will be here often with bad pics... but believe me it is appreciated.. i am so into this... bare with me.. and you should have seen the way i was dressed today.. i could hardly move.. but i knew that these pics lack the view i saw with my eyes of the lake and all the surrounding nature.. so glad i posted them.

As much as I get seriously annoyed with drive by newbie posters, I'm more than happy to help someone who shows and interest in learning. Just be selective with the photos you post and want to improve on, dont just post any old thing because you had them sitting on your memory card.

As someone said, try and not to cut off trees, but also look for straggling branches that are at the edges of the frame from trees that aren't in the picture. Look at your first image, you have bits on the left hand side showing.

Look at the scene, think of composition, think of settings, look in the view finder, set the settings but before pushing the button, look all around the in the viewer finder, both foreground, mid ground and back ground to find any elements that are distracting and not adding to the picture and try and recompose if you can.

Then take the picture, review in view finder, and adjust.
thanks so much, believe me all your advice is not taken for granted.. i appreciate it all very much..

They both do seem blown out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back