lake photo...

photosoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Snapped a couple pics as sun was setting around the Watauga Lake area. This was the better one. you like?

I sharpened and brought up the saturation a little for the red and blue hues.

5604962174_00394056ca_z.jpg

Really beautiful area. I think the boat is distracting and kind of pulls my attention out of the frame. Also, I personally would have cropped out a little bit of the sky so it wasn't 50:50 with the lake. Lots of potential in that scene though, makes me miss the mountains.

Yes, remove the boat. Otherwise, nice.

p!nK

hmm, ok. I actually intended the boat to be a part of the story.
thank you for the replies though.

maybe if it was more central. as of now it seems like a mistake

If you can shoot it again go down on the dock and shoot from there.

I feel like you got your point across because when I saw this photo, I immediately wanted to be on that boat with some fishing poles running the crankbaits through the early morning dew!

It's not the boat that kills it for me, it's the placement of the boat and that shrubby little tree. It's such a lovely scene, but I want that tree gone! And the boat moved away from the side, to the right. Maybe in a rule of thirds sort of placement?

I don't mind the boat. The small tree what is most distracting.

I think the boat is a nice touch and helps me to really feel the photo. I also don't believe that you need to crop out some of the sky because I like the symmetry of the reflections of the mountains and the trees.

I'm with Abby Rose on this one, the boat is not a problem, and work nicely, but the branches kill it. You might consider the ground to the right also, not sure if it helps the overall effect. As for the sky/sea ratio I think its fine.

Really beautiful area. I think the boat is distracting and kind of pulls my attention out of the frame. Also, I personally would have cropped out a little bit of the sky so it wasn't 50:50 with the lake. Lots of potential in that scene though, makes me miss the mountains.

Same opinion...

i like the boat, but that little tree is distracting, i would also implement the rule of thirds by cropping out a bit of the sky. beautiful shot otherwise!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back