What's new

Lake reflection

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
5,555
Reaction score
1,121
Location
Toronto Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C/C welcomed

14938875215_d6ac51263e_o_zps8e385773.jpg
 
Nothing wrong with it from where I sit but its not the most interesting thing to me. I see a lake, some trees, and a reflection. ..but it still seems to be missing a true "subject"


Just my opinion. My opinion is also sometimes not interesting and is lacking a subject so take that with a grain of salt
 
Nothing wrong with it from where I sit but its not the most interesting thing to me. I see a lake, some trees, and a reflection. ..but it still seems to be missing a true "subject"


Just my opinion. My opinion is also sometimes not interesting and is lacking a subject so take that with a grain of salt
All opinions that are given in will to share your thoughts are valid and worth mentioning.
Thank you for feedback :) much appreciated.
 
This is a nice snapshot, but as pthrift says - there is no obvious subject. Compositionally, the shoreline, which is a type of horizon is almost in the centre of the picture and this placement often produces a very static image. I am not sure which is more important, the reflection in the water or the vegetation itself. If this was mine, I think I might have tried to bring a bit more sky into the image and not have the small swath of vegetation along the bottom of the picture. I would let the reflections of the clouds be the foreground object. I would also try to bring out some more detail in the sky in post-processing. Hope this helps.

WesternGuy
 
This is a nice snapshot, but as pthrift says - there is no obvious subject. Compositionally, the shoreline, which is a type of horizon is almost in the centre of the picture and this placement often produces a very static image. I am not sure which is more important, the reflection in the water or the vegetation itself. If this was mine, I think I might have tried to bring a bit more sky into the image and not have the small swath of vegetation along the bottom of the picture. I would let the reflections of the clouds be the foreground object. I would also try to bring out some more detail in the sky in post-processing. Hope this helps.

WesternGuy
Good valid things you pointed.
Thank you for feedback, I found it helpful.
 
This is a nice snapshot, but as pthrift says - there is no obvious subject. Compositionally, the shoreline, which is a type of horizon is almost in the centre of the picture and this placement often produces a very static image. I am not sure which is more important, the reflection in the water or the vegetation itself. If this was mine, I think I might have tried to bring a bit more sky into the image and not have the small swath of vegetation along the bottom of the picture. I would let the reflections of the clouds be the foreground object. I would also try to bring out some more detail in the sky in post-processing. Hope this helps.

Along with all of this the photo was taken midday with gives it vary unpleasing light.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom