Lake Sebago (First Post)

Neaptide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Forum. New photographer here and this is my first post. I took this photo this weekend in Harriman State Park in upstate New York using my Nikon D5300, Tokina 11-16 lens and 10 stop ND filter. 20 sec exposure F/13, ISO 100. This is a pretty extreme crop from the original because I liked the symmetry.

C&C welcome and encouraged!!
Sebago Panorama 2.jpg

Beautiful scenery! I especially like the reflection in the lake. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Nice pic, beautiful! You might be new to this site but obviously not new to cameras, good work!

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone!!! Very encouraging!!!

Nice pic, beautiful! You might be new to this site but obviously not new to cameras, good work!

I've been fiddling around with astrophotography for a few years so I've learned a little about cameras and settings and such. Clear skies in my part of the world don't happen often so I figured a switch to terrestrial photography would be a good move. YouTube has so much information that it makes learning relatively easy.

Hello Forum. New photographer here and this is my first post. I took this photo this weekend in Harriman State Park in upstate New York using my Nikon D5300, Tokina 11-16 lens and 10 stop ND filter. 20 sec exposure F/13, ISO 100. This is a pretty extreme crop from the original because I liked the symmetry.

C&C welcome and encouraged!!View attachment 181217
Very nice shot. Welcome to the Forum! Just one idea: have you thought of cropping with more lake and less sky? It might provide more of a “base” for the scene.

Thanks otherprof!! I was playing around with this image quite a bit because I really wasn't happy with the shadows in the lower left corner. I decided on the long narrow view while manipulating the image and was taken by the hour glass like effect. Here's the full picture.
Lake Sebago full image post.jpg

beautiful ..welcome neighbor

Gorgeous shot. If you’re up that way go over Purple Heart Memorial bridge (u can walk it for free or pay and drive across) and grab some at Putnam County side of bridge looking out over Hudson. I bet you can get some really good ones. When u hit the other side make left and park right away. There will be cars all up and down the street. Big hiking area.

My basic example.
IMG_2324.JPG

Thanks otherprof!! I was playing around with this image quite a bit because I really wasn't happy with the shadows in the lower left corner. I decided on the long narrow view while manipulating the image and was taken by the hour glass like effect. Here's the full picture. View attachment 181261
Good solution to the shadow problem.

My Aunt is in Monroe, NY on Harriman Rd, s that near you ?
She is a nun at Queen of Apostles.
Beautiful shot in a wonderful
Welcome!
Season!

Monroe is about 40 minutes north/west of me with Harriman State park in between. It's really nice in the Hudson Valley this time of year.

Thanks for the compliment on my pic!!!

Most reactions

Back