Lake Shot Edit, C&C please :)

DannyB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot earlier today and edited it a little bit. Let me know what you think and what else I could do to better the photo. I didn't do too much as I am still learning. Just a slight rotate, crop, and curves.

Original...
Picture011.jpg

Edit...
Lakeedit-1.jpg

I would personally crop out the sky, and make levels adjustments to the remaining bits, as by bringing the sky BACK in, you've dramatically taken away from the actual subject of the photo. The boat-house-on-the-river (whatever its called) is prominent, and rightly so in the original, but it loses its uses as an "anchor" because its goobled up by the blacks. No. Not those blacks. The ones on the 0-255 scale.

Thanks for the replies. What about something like this?

Lakewide.jpg

You are contradicting yourself underneath your name and in your signature. Either it is ok to edit your photos or it's not, pick one because I wanted to play a bit.

Your crop on the 2nd edit is much nicer. Are you using Photoshop or an equivalent editor? I would now adjust the levels as has been suggested already. With levels, you have significant amount of room to move the lower end and it would brighten up the image significantly in the 2nd edit while keeping a nice contrast. It is still a bit dark. I like the boat, but want to see the dock and boathouse or whatever you call that pop out more.

Lol, yeah I forgot to change it under my name. Feel free to play with the image. I am using Gimp to edit.

Most reactions

Back