Landscape Photography and What I've Learned

thank you for your understandable post .i believe its what i learned that helps.as i told my kids "ive made all the mistakes this is what works":ambivalence: thanks al

Glad I could help!

Wish I would have read this before going out yesterday. I have no idea about filters. I would have to decide for either my 35mm prime or the sigma 17-55mm.

Are these the ones to buy?

Nikon 35mm: 52mm Circular Polarizer II from Nikon

Sigma: 77mm DG Wide Circular Polarizer

Yeah, one of my first filters was a 77mm circular polarizer. It's a good filter to start out with--boosting colors/contrast, reducing glare, and giving you a native ~1 stop reduction in light.

Jake

Wish I would have read this before going out yesterday. I have no idea about filters. I would have to decide for either my 35mm prime or the sigma 17-55mm.

Are these the ones to buy?

Nikon 35mm: 52mm Circular Polarizer II from Nikon

Sigma: 77mm DG Wide Circular Polarizer

Yeah, one of my first filters was a 77mm circular polarizer. It's a good filter to start out with--boosting colors/contrast, reducing glare, and giving you a native ~1 stop reduction in light.

Jake

Cool. I get one in the near future for the Sigma. I thought tripods were mainly for night shots / long exposures, good to know and so much to learn. This is turning into an expensive hobby....

Feel free to add this.

If possible bring a friend or two. Spotters come in handy. Want to take a picture from the middle of a road/train tracks etc you have people watching your back. Slip on some rocks in that stream and crack your head open, you'll have someone there. Want to dangle your feet off of a skyscraper....

Well you get the point. No image is worth losing your life.

Last edited:
Feel free to add this.

If possible bring a friend or two. Spotters come in handy. Want to take a picture from the middle of a road/train tracks etc you have people watching your back. Slip on some rocks in that stream and creak your head open, you'll have someone there. Want to dangle your feet off of a skyscraper....

Well you get the point. No image is worth losing your life.

Oh really good point! I actually turned around in NH the other day knowing that it wasn't safe and I was alone.

I'll add it.

Jake

Most reactions

New Topics

Back