Landscape Photos C & C please!

Compositionally, I think the last one is the best, but it's just too yellow for my taste. it hurts a little to watch, tbh.

The centred horizons doesn't work very well in numbers 1 and 2, imo. And the sky in #1 is too cyan and blue.

great clouds for landscape shots.

Lower saturation, dont center the horizon, try to incorporate more foreground elements to give a sense of depth, dont be afraid to shoot vertical, check your white balance on the very yellow one.

Just ways to improve, but overall I like them, very serene. I also like you crop them long.

Yup, foreground interest! You have got some rocks in #2 which could prove very nice. Exposure wise, I like #2, but a bit too saturated. You could try cropping off some of the sky. Having the horizon placed high in the frame can really enhance that sense of depth, if you add some foreground.

i like the addition of the rocks in the foreground on 2. desaturate just a bit and i like it. the centered horizon doesnt bother me that much. if needed maybe crop a little of the sky to raise it up a bit.

So, I'm into saturated landscapes, but applying broad saturation to the whole image isn't always the way to go. Like #3, this is my favorite of the bunch, but as mentioned the yellow is a bit intense. That blue is great though, so I would've adjusted the saturation on the yellow and blue channel separately, to get the best from each. I probably would've also hue-shifted the yellow channel slightly more toward orange. Dramatic color in landscapes is great, but I think it's still best to finesse it a bit.

The horizon in #2 is a bit tilted. I straightenend the horizon, cropped so the horizon is on the lower ROT line. I corrected the exposure (1 stop under exposed), did some dodging, and added some gradients. Then I added to that by doing some dodging, and globally adjusted the mid-tone contrast before adding a thin black border.

6171415428_c173662238_bcopyprofilerd.jpg

Thanks a lot for all the feedback and new things to think about! Always appreciated! Hopefully the weather cooperates and I can get some more shots in the next few days.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back