What's new

Landscape with a sky

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wonder if this is any good? I took it this afternoon on our Sunday family excursion to Lüneburg Heath. I would put this one up in Critique, but can't comply with the rules over there (never jot down any details), so it must be here. But I really wonder if it is any good?

LneburgerHeide.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Is it boring - compositionwise?
 
I would say it's typical of landscape composition emphasizing the clouds with the horizon at the lower third. I think there is a little too much blue space at the top, but that could be cropped. It would probably make the photo more interesting if there was something to focus on in the foreground: a rock, a branch, or even just getting closer to some of the purple stuff.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
So it is a bit boring, compositionwise? Very conventional?
I'm afraid that is me then... :blushing:
At first I was quite taken in by this photo, but maybe one of the other two that feature this interesting cloud formation is better?

WolkenberderHeide1.jpg


WolkenberderHeide2.jpg


I find that both of these are too tightly cropped on the left-hand side. But this is their original size (well, downsized for the web, but not afterwards cropped) - so no choice about that aspect....
 
I quite like it. I think it could be improved if the landscape was more hilly or there was a tree or fence in the shot, as Matt said.
 
I very much like the 2nd one you have posted out of the 3 LaFoto! The trails on the clouds and the way the trees and clouds all seem to be leading in the same direction, sort've like in perspective, its my fave out of the three!
 
I agree with Becky. I posted while you were posting the other two shots and I didn't get to see them. I love the way the clouds and trees are in the same direction/pattern.
 
wow lafoto, what absolutely beautiful skies... I love the clouds! I like them - perhaps some of the blue can be cropped from the top of the first but I like them the way they are.
 
LaFoto said:
So it is a bit boring, compositionwise? Very conventional?
I'm afraid that is me then... :blushing:

I didn't mean it like that; I was concentrating on the critque, and forgot to tell you I liked the photo. :) Instead of "conventional", I was thinking more of "in a traditional style". I also like the others, although once again I think that the big blue space at the top is competing with the clouds.
 
Beautiful!!! Landscapes are tough. Of course they are always better in your mind. I think the first frame has real drama. Why you shot it as a vertical is a little curious, but that is just me.
 
Well done, the 2nd is my fave. The clouds, cloud trails, trees, and the trail all make a good diagonal across the picture. Almost like the picture is expanding from left to right. Good eye catching this one.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom