Landscapes are not normal my thing but...

HappySnap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All,

Here i have taken some pics of a pill box - these were built as defence posts during the 2nd world war in case germany invaded england.

Please have a look and see what you think, good or bad feel free to leave a comment.

I dont know how to use photoshop so i use a free photo editing software i found on the net. I think I may have over done one or two of them but I was only having fun and seeing whether I could do it or not.

Thanks for looking.

1379d8b3.jpg

50d8331e.jpg

405d68e8.jpg

f410ac58.jpg

86bacc8b.jpg

5987683d.jpg

As I say, not use to shooting landscapes but as there is so much around me here in wiltshire (uk) i wouldnt mind getting into it a bit more.

Thanks
Nik :D

Last edited:
Hello David,

I do a lot of landscapes and the thing to remember with landscapes is to try to apply the rule of thirds (ROT). That is, 2/3 of the vertical height should be sky or land with 1/3 being the other component. As per any rule, break it when you want to, but know that compositions are generally thought to be better if you hold to splitting the vertical (and horizontal) into thirds. Many, but not all of your compositions put the horizon in the middle of the frame. The ROT applies to the horizontal as well. About half of the images seem to be too centered horizontally as well.

Of the images here, I think I like #4 the best; followed by #5¨

Hi David,

I do a lot of landscapes and the thing to remeber with landscapes is to try to apply the rule of thirds (ROT). That is, 2/3 of the vertical height should be sky or land with 1/3 bbeing the other component. As per any rule, break it when you want to, but know that compositions are generally thought to be better if you hold to splitting the vertical into thirds. Many, but not all of your compositions put the horizon in the middle of the frame. The ROT applies to the horizontal as well. About half of the images seem to be too cnetered horizhontally as well.

Of the images here, I think I like #4 the best; followed by #5¨

Thank you for your comments - i just have one question - who is David? :lol: - oooooh :D No, David Bailey is a famous english photographer....its just a quote.

As has been mentioned, composition could be worked on. My main problem with these however is how dramatically different the processing on the sky is from shot to shot.

As has been mentioned, composition could be worked on. My main problem with these however is how dramatically different the processing on the sky is from shot to shot.

Okay, well I was just having a play, seeing what worked and what didnt. Thank u for your comments :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back