DSCF3524.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 115
  • DSCF3528.JPG
    DSCF3528.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 109
  • DSCF3530.JPG
    DSCF3530.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
Well, the exposure and sharpness look ok in these, but I'm afraid there's not much else to capture a viewer's attention.

There are some spesific things that don't help these shots. The tonal values are very similar, meaning that everything blends together in a lot of grey leading to a flatness to your shots. Light and shadows are important, the give depth to a shot and help define shape. Your shots seem to lack a central focal point, or a group of well balanced focal points which is confusing as a viewer, I'm not sure what you are trying to convey with these shots. In the last two shots you've got some leading lines which can be a nice compositional tool, however the don't lead anywhere so there is nowhere for my eyes to go after.

I'd suggest having a good read of some basic principals of composition and have a think about what you are trying to show to the viewer.

here is one decent article to have a look at
Better Photographic Composition - Luminous Landscape

Well, the exposure and sharpness look ok in these, but I'm afraid there's not much else to capture a viewer's attention.

There are some spesific things that don't help these shots. The tonal values are very similar, meaning that everything blends together in a lot of grey leading to a flatness to your shots. Light and shadows are important, the give depth to a shot and help define shape. Your shots seem to lack a central focal point, or a group of well balanced focal points which is confusing as a viewer, I'm not sure what you are trying to convey with these shots. In the last two shots you've got some leading lines which can be a nice compositional tool, however the don't lead anywhere so there is nowhere for my eyes to go after.

I'd suggest having a good read of some basic principals of composition and have a think about what you are trying to show to the viewer.

here is one decent article to have a look at
Better Photographic Composition - Luminous Landscape
Thank you for your feedback, I will read that article.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back